Home

hurry up after an incomplete pass

This is a discussion on hurry up after an incomplete pass within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2010, 06:50 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: hurry up after an incomplete pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
is there anyway through a patch that the developers @ ea could remove this and also make sure its not in madden? has anyone ever seen a team go no huddle after an incompletion, you should be forced to huddle after an incompletion because the refs have to set the ball back at the original line of scrimmage which is plenty of time for the defense to make a change. its unrealistic for the defense to be forced to keep the same personnel after an incompletion.
There are college teams that NEVER huddle, no matter what happened on the previous play.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:41 AM   #10
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by shttymcgee
There are college teams that NEVER huddle, no matter what happened on the previous play.
even if thats true, after an incompletion, there is more than enough time to make defensive substitutions, that doesnt happen when they call no huddle after an incompletion especially on a bomb 30+ yards down field. if they dont want to huddle, fine, but allow the defense a chance to make a change.

and yes im fully aware of what no huddle is supposed to do, but only if you are successful in previous plays and the ball can be quickly spotted, after a completion the ball is usally spotted even before the players get set. the defense has no choice but to quickly get set. but after an incompletion the refs have to bring the ball all the way back to the original los. this is not quick, and would allow ample time for the defense to make a change, but in this game and prior football games, a hurry up is called and it still cripples the defense's options even though it shouldnt

Last edited by ManiacMatt1782; 07-19-2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:07 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 25

I dont ever play sports games online...So its not a issue for me.

But i can see your issue though....Doubt EA will do anything about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 11:30 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 7

So what you want.is ea to force teams to huddle because you cant hang
Old 07-19-2010, 01:47 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
even if thats true, after an incompletion, there is more than enough time to make defensive substitutions, that doesnt happen when they call no huddle after an incompletion especially on a bomb 30+ yards down field. if they dont want to huddle, fine, but allow the defense a chance to make a change.

and yes im fully aware of what no huddle is supposed to do, but only if you are successful in previous plays and the ball can be quickly spotted, after a completion the ball is usally spotted even before the players get set. the defense has no choice but to quickly get set. but after an incompletion the refs have to bring the ball all the way back to the original los. this is not quick, and would allow ample time for the defense to make a change, but in this game and prior football games, a hurry up is called and it still cripples the defense's options even though it shouldnt
The play clock is the same whether the pass was completed or not. I don't really understand why it would take longer to spot the ball. New balls are thrown in from the sideline to the linesmen after the play on incomplete passes. In my experience, balls probably get spotted faster after passes, but it takes longer for the downfield players to make it back to the line. I'm not really arguing, just playing devil's advocate. I think you should be able to get new players even when the offense doesn't huddle, though there should be the risk of being caught with too many men.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:03 PM   #14
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Maybe a new feature can be added to Ncaa12. I'd call it rush-swap or something like that. A quick one button sub system just to get tired players out on incomplete passes. Other than that Just hitstick your opponent everytime they do that or line your hardest hitting safety up right by the qb before the snap and hitstick him. You'll get flagged for being offsides but if you injure a player it will be worth it. Either way you point will be made if you take such actions. Thats what I would do. That or just pause the game and send a msg to you opp, or mic up and explain why you think hurry up after incomplete should not be done. Thats about all you can do and just move on to better quality opponents.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:52 PM   #15
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreez35
So what you want.is ea to force teams to huddle because you cant hang
i can hang just fine infact my issue is after I "hang" by stopping a play where they had a missmatch, i am not rewarded by having my well deserved substitution option. after incompletions there should be plenty of time to to get players on and off the field. i want some realism have the players switch out while they no huddle if they insist on no huddling, or make it like backbreaker where you can only no huddle after a run or a completed pass. the 1st option is best but for sake of game balance i would take option number 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 03:56 PM   #16
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by double_uranium
LOL you are a smart one aren't ya buddy?

I'm sure the OP is well aware of the strategic implementation of the no-huddle...he is simply saying that IRL there is no advantage to using the no-huddle after an incomplete because the defense would have enough time to account for any mismatches on the previous play during the time it takes the refs to spot the ball...
Exactly. They should make it so incomplete passes still give the D player the ability to change package regardless whether the other (Non sim) player goes into no huddle or not.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »