Home

Online ranked games don't count if the other person quits? WTF?

This is a discussion on Online ranked games don't count if the other person quits? WTF? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2010, 06:18 PM   #9
Rookie

pezone's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Online ranked games don't count if the other person quits? WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
Really? I've had guys quit, I selected quit and count game, and I got the W when I next checked. Are you 100% sure about this?

maybe they changed it then. cause the day of release i had a guy quit with like 2 minutes in the fourth, and hit count game, but didn't get a win.

hopefully they did fix it then!!! I try to play guys with VERY VERY LOW DNF%
Old 07-17-2010, 07:01 PM   #10
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Really. I haven't had that problem yet. I have had a few guys to up and quit on me. Once a person quits in a ranked match. It should give a option to quit and count game for you. It did it for me and it couunted my games pretty much.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:07 PM   #11
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm thinking there must be a formula/situation where it counts and doesn't count.

I know that:

A guy quit down 14 with 2 minutes left in the 4th and I did not get a win.
A guy quit down 28 in the 3rd and I did not get a win.
A guy quit down 17 late in the 3rd and I did not get a win. This is all in the last couple days.

However, a guy quit on me today and I was up 16 in the 4th and I did get a win.

So either something has changed, or there are situations where it does and does not count, and it's not all quarter related.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 10:06 PM   #12
Rookie

VUFTBL1's Arena

OVR: 5

From what it looks like to me:

1st half - If your opponent quits no matter how far you are ahead you get NO WIN. If you choose to Quit and Count Game then your opponent will get a loss and an addition to their DNF%.

2nd half - If you are ahead and your opponent quits you will get a win if you choose Quit and Count Game

I still HATE the fact that they do not let you continue the game vs the computer. Is this fixable by a patch? This makes online play not so fun. I played with Vandy against a guy with LSU today and was ahead and he quit with 1 minute to go in the first half. What do I get?? NOTHING!!! C'mon EA, Please Fix This
Old 07-17-2010, 10:31 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

I dont think it matters if its in the 1st or second half but maybe 3rd and 4th quarters. Ive only played a few online games so far and the only one where someone quit i was up 28 late in the third, i picked off one of his passes and he quit. the menu asked to quit and not count or quit and count but only gave them a loss and effected their DNF, did not give me a win.

It is easily fixed by adding the continue play feature like last year, why it isnt there to begin with is beyond me.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:41 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

this is really frustrating. I just spent about 40 minutes trying to play online, the first 2 games were quit by my opponent (one late in the 2nd while i had a 27 point lead; and the other middle 3rd while i was up 14) neither of which gave me a win- that sucks cause it's just a lot of wasted time. However i just played one where the guy quit with 4 minutes left in the 4th and i was up 14 and had just recovered a fumble inside his 10 yard line, and i was able to receive a win.

There is some kind of formula for points ahead and time remaining but i wish i knew what it was. if anyone know could they please post?
Old 07-17-2010, 11:53 PM   #15
Rookie

Ninja Duck's Arena

OVR: 1
Thumbs down Re: Online ranked games don't count if the other person quits? WTF?

OMG I hate it so much, I have stopped playing ranked games right now I sit at 2-9, I'll admit I quit some matches. But that was before I had know you don't get a win if you quit, I wouldn't have done it anyways my record should be 6-8 respectively. 3 wins got lost by way of EA servers booting me all with 10+ leads in the forth and some guy quit on me after I destroyed him 23-0 1st quarter. It's very frustrating to put in the effort and not get rewarded. I know I am not that bad I can beat AA with SN's sliders or default settings fairly easy so EA please do not kill ranked matches
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 12:12 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

I hate it. my record is 1-1 and i should be 6-2.

damn shame

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »