Home

PS3 vs XBOX 360

This is a discussion on PS3 vs XBOX 360 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 04:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
PS3 vs XBOX 360

As one of those who owns both consoles, I'm curious if anyone has any information or thoughts about which version of this game is better. I'd prefer the PS3 version, but hear the 360 versions sports sharper graphics and shorter load times-- similar to the difference between the Red Dead Redemption versions.

Last edited by brinks; 07-17-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 05:10 PM   #2
Rookie

mike10003's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: PS3 vs XBOX 360

PS3 has one of the most annoying features ever - long TD replays/highlights are shortened and usually only show the player scoring 20 yards down the field.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:27 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

I wonder if one of the devs could give an explanation of why that is. For years we always heard about how superior the PS3 was to the 360, but it hasn't really panned out in the games overall. I also read how the 360 was easier to program for and perhaps that is the great equalizer. But this shortened replay only on the PS3 makes no sense from a gamer's POV certainly.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:39 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have both consoles but I bought the game for Xbox. Not because of any real differences, but because I just prefer the Xbox controller. Of course my main issue with the PS3 controller is the R2 button but with auto-sprint this year I suppose it wouldn't be an issue.

In past years you couldn't tell a difference between the Xbox and PS3 versions. I figure they probably program the game on one platform and just port it over to the other. It would be too expensive to create a game from scratch for each platform.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:40 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Seems like 360 is the way to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 07:04 PM   #6
DickDalewood

OVR:

Sorry, but these threads never end well. Aside from slight differences on either console, the games are all but the same. Choose the controller your prefer and/or the system most your friends will be playing on.

Closed.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »