Home

Injury Notifications Too Subtle?

This is a discussion on Injury Notifications Too Subtle? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2010, 09:39 AM   #17

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Injury Notifications Too Subtle?

I agree 100% with this post. Most of the times, I don't even know a player is hurt until they ask me if I want to put him back in the game. I wish they would point it out more.

I too LOVE the frequency of injuries this year, it is perfect. I just wish I was notified a little better when it happens.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 07-18-2010, 09:46 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

injuries occur way to much anyways in this game. one game i lost both starter and back up qb and starting rb. something should be tweaked im really debating on tuning injuries off even i like to lay the wood and hurt other teams.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:47 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 13

Also I think Erin Andrews is useless in this game. There is a injury banner showing your injured player status before she starts reporting what happened.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:11 PM   #20

Deegeezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama4111
injuries occur way to much anyways in this game. one game i lost both starter and back up qb and starting rb. something should be tweaked im really debating on tuning injuries off even i like to lay the wood and hurt other teams.
I disagree. I love the injury rate this year. It is much more realistic. We're just not used to seeing it in a video game.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:12 PM   #21

Deegeezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW_ORLEANS
Also I think Erin Andrews is useless in this game. There is a injury banner showing your injured player status before she starts reporting what happened.
Yeah it was a lot less subtle last year. I also liked seeing her picture everytime she did a report. That never got old.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 01:01 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 20

I think if it is a small injury this works fine but when there is an injury that will last the whole game or longer there should be a little more talking about it.

Also, maybe add in some suspense. X-Rays don't come back to confirm a broken bone within 3 or 4 plays, tell us that the guy went to the locker room and then tell us a quarter or so later that either he is alright or not or have him just out for the game and find out the extent after or whatever.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:28 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 1

This probably has something to do with the new no huddle/spread offense code. It would seem that instead of breaking the tempo with an injury animation or announcement, they allowed the announcement to be bypassed by a button press. I don't run no huddle a lot, but generally I am impatient when it comes to wanting to get to the play call screen.. so this means I miss the majority of my injuries too until I happen to notice that the starter is not on the field

I would suggest breaking the tempo with an announcement and forcing the normal play call screen to be displayed after the injury animation, and removing the automatic by pass by button press when an injury occurs,
Old 07-19-2010, 10:10 AM   #24
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Also, maybe add in some suspense. X-Rays don't come back to confirm a broken bone within 3 or 4 plays, tell us that the guy went to the locker room and then tell us a quarter or so later that either he is alright or not or have him just out for the game and find out the extent after or whatever.
I couldn't agree more with this and have been wishing for this for years. I'd really like to see the more serious injuries be more of a guessing game initially then after the game during the week, get a better injury update with an estimate of duration.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »