Home

Dynasty anxiety.

This is a discussion on Dynasty anxiety. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2010, 02:15 PM   #9
Banned

NaptownMVP's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Dynasty anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclem92
Vincennes student right here...good choice
Haha! I'm an 04 Broadcasting grad, so I <3 the place.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:18 PM   #10

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

I would suggest not doing a Big 12 or Pac 10 dynasty. The less visible those two conferences are to you, the less you will feel anxiety.

In my dynasty report, I made up a story line as to why the conferences won't realign.

You just have to let your imagination take over on this issue my friend.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 07-18-2010, 02:37 PM   #11
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11

I've had a hard time deciding on a team. I get bored easily with video games. I was big into playing FIFA prior to and during the World Cup, just got NCAA, so FIFA is done for awhile until the season starts again probably. I could complete a few seasons on NCAA when I was in high school, but now I'm working daily and can't stand sitting for more than an hour or two a night playing games, back then it was from 8-2/3AM daily.

I've started dynastys with Rutgers, LaTech, Hawaii, and my alma mater, Winona State. I really want to playing the WSU one, but most players need to be edited so they aren't wearing wrong colored shirts or bands. Rutgers and Hawaii are the other two likely teams.

It takes a lot for me to stick with a team in any game, especially football.

NFL - Packers & Browns
MLB - Brewers & Twins
NCAA Football - Wisconsin, LSU, Virginia Tech
Soccer - Arsenal, Wolverhampton
NHL - Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 02:44 PM   #12
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

just don't overthink it and you'll be fine.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:00 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaptownMVP
Do what I did and just make your own complete overhaul of the conference landscape. Here's what I did. Southport in the CUSA and Vincennes in the MAC are two Team Builder teams.

Why are there only 11 teams in the Big 10... if you did the realign... there should be 12... they have 11 now.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:07 PM   #14
Rookie

mjwickstrom1's Arena

OVR: 1

It'd be nice if during the offseason you had the option to realign conferences rather than before you start Year 1 of your Dynasty. That way you could play the 2010 season with the game's default conferences, and switch them up for 2011 to reflect real-life changes that will occur then, plus any other changes to take place in the future.
NHL - Columbus Blue Jackets, Pittsburgh Penguins
NCAA - Kentucky Wildcats , Xavier Musketeers, Auburn Tigers
NASCAR - Jeff Gordon
Old 07-18-2010, 05:30 PM   #15
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFelix
Is anyone else kind of finding that having a dynasty that will have staying power might be tough? I think with the realignment of the conferences next year, the realism factor is taking a hit for me.
This was definitely a factor for me. What I ended up doing(and I doubt I'm the only one) was swapping around the Big 10, Big 12, and Pac 10 conferences. I didn't mess with the ACC or any other conference that is definitively going to be correct next year. So, I took the remaining Big 12 schools and stuck them in the Pac 10, took the Pac 10 schools plus Colorado and put them in the Big 10, and then I took the Big 10 plus Nebraska and put them in the Big 12. I'm loving it so far. I'm currently Kansas State and in the "Pac 10" while getting to play the other 9 schools that are staying in the real Big 12.

The only downfalls are that it's incorrect for the first season, it leaves out the Utah and Boise State moves, and the actual Pac 10 goes from playing 9 conference games to 8 while adding a school and that's kind of lame, imo. You can still keep the rivalries setup correctly though by swapping the teams correctly. For example, swapping the pairs of USC and UCLA, Texas and A&M, and Ohio State and Michigan keeps their rivalry games at the end of the season.

NFL:
Jacksonville Jaguars
MLB:
St. Louis Cardinals
NBA:
Orlando Magic
NCAA: UCF Knights
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 05:54 PM   #16
Banned

NaptownMVP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlepalooza
Why are there only 11 teams in the Big 10... if you did the realign... there should be 12... they have 11 now.
Because you can't add teams to conferences in the game. So I added Nebraska and sent Indiana to the MAC. Maybe they'll win a conference title and get to a bowl game down there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »