Home

Your Dynasty Impressions

This is a discussion on Your Dynasty Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2010, 10:23 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Your Dynasty Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Barnaby
Dynasty is a complete failure as EA has taken away the ability to have more than one user team in offline dynasty mode.

What an absolute heartbreak.
No they haven't. I am playing one with my brother. Not sure what you are talking about?
"In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."
Old 07-18-2010, 10:33 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Barnaby
Dynasty is a complete failure as EA has taken away the ability to have more than one user team in offline dynasty mode.

What an absolute heartbreak.
After you choose your team on the next screen you can add more
Old 07-18-2010, 10:34 AM   #11
Rookie

Silas Barnaby's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott812313
No they haven't. I am playing one with my brother. Not sure what you are talking about?
Alas, I stand corrected. I didn't realize that you could add more teams after the initial selection.

Thanks mate, I'm now happier than a tornado in a trailer park!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 01:36 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 16

Hmmm. Dynasty Mode. Its hard to really get into Dynasty Mode right now for I am sure just about everyone who has the game, since I am sure no one has gotten past at most the 2nd season yet. I am in week 9 in my first season right now with Michigan.

Dynasty feels new thanks to
  • Improved recruiting(I originally thought when this was first announced "Meh, its just a new look, nothings changed." But it feels new, and I am a big fan of it so far.)
  • Facelift to the Dynasty menu's with a glimpse of player stats in one of the dropdown menu's.
  • Improved gameplay
  • Improved presentation
  • And the supposed improved player progression(I am yet to confirm, as I am only in week 9, season 1)
Now, what I am very uneasy about is the depth of Dynasty Mode. A coaching carousel is still yet to see the light of day in the NCAA Football franchise and its the same thing with an Athletic Director Mode. These 2 improvements would have been huge for Dynasty's depth.

Overall, my early score would be a 9/10. I just cant give it a 10 due to no drastic improvements to the depth(coaching carousel and AD mode).

Once I get deeper into the mode, I will really see how it is. I am hoping that I will be able to give it at least a 7/10, but there will need to be at least some improvements to the depth of the mode, which can be easlily achieved if the progression and the recruiting hold true to what has been said.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:49 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

I hate how in recruiting teams like Florida get so many 5 star kids at the same position, I'm talking about 3 five star OB's
Old 07-18-2010, 05:41 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thanks guys..it sounds fantastic. I am a Gamecock alum and season ticket holder so I more than likely will be trying to make my Gamecocks contenders but I want it realistic so I love the point about how hard it is to recruit. As for teams like the Gators getting a bunch of 5 star guys at the same position, living in the South and hearing about recruiting non stop I think this is pretty realistic...big programs like that tend to do that...I like that becaue it will make it that much tougher to make my Gamecocks serious BCS threats

How many minutes per quarter are you guys playing to get realistic stats? I wish they had the accellerated clock like Madden...love playing the 15 minute quarters with 25 second run off time...speaking of Madden..I am going without Madden this year because of the dynasty not being touched..I will stick with my text sim Front Office Football...I just wish they could make a game with the graphics of Madden and the depth and dynasty realism in Front Office Football
Old 07-18-2010, 07:00 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwaymike
How many minutes per quarter are you guys playing to get realistic stats? I wish they had the accellerated clock like Madden...love playing the 15 minute quarters with 25 second run off time...speaking of Madden..I am going without Madden this year because of the dynasty not being touched..I will stick with my text sim Front Office Football...I just wish they could make a game with the graphics of Madden and the depth and dynasty realism in Front Office Football
I think 8 minute quarters is the way to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »