Home

Having Been A Harsh Critic......

This is a discussion on Having Been A Harsh Critic...... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2010, 02:39 PM   #9
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Having Been A Harsh Critic......

Don't care too much about a realistic crowd, visually. I know they'll never be able to dedicate the polygons to make it really good, so I'm fine with the cutaways to a few detailed fans.

But +10 to crowd noise and commentary. Really would help the game take the next step in presentation (after the leap this year).
Old 07-18-2010, 09:14 PM   #10
Banned

Geekboy's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlstudios189
thats what I am worried about. By the time the games are almost perfect the new systems will come out.
So what we don't want are new systems coming out! How pathetic is that? Why does it have to be that way?
Old 07-18-2010, 09:19 PM   #11
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
And the following year, we're right back to square one with the XBOX 720 and PS4.
Well...just because the transition from Xbox 1/PS2 to their respective next gen incarnations was "going back to square one" doesn't mean that will be the case then.
From the things I've heard, we're still quite a long time away from new systems.
Let's not get all presumptuous here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 09:22 PM   #12
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

So I was playing NCAA today and my Dad popped in and was watching me play, He was amazed at not only how realistic it looked, but how good the commentary was. This leads me to the following conclusion: If you had never played NCAA before, the commentary would probably be the best you ever heard.

Thing is, we have had almost a decade of the same commentary. EA absolutely needs to bring in a new team. This Video is NCAA 02, it sounds almost identical to what we have now.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:32 PM   #13

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Boy does that video bring back memories.

I think today's developers should go back and play NCAA 2002. There are a lot of small, basic things that are missing from today's game that made the games back then so much more fun.

The broadcast angle replays, the kicker putting the ball on the tee, the coach talking to the player in pre game, stat overlays, drive charts on the playcall screen, scores from around the nation in the middle of the game, etc.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 07-18-2010, 09:35 PM   #14
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Boy does that video bring back memories.

I think today's developers should go back and play NCAA 2002. There are a lot of small, basic things that are missing from today's game that made the games back then so much more fun.

The broadcast angle replays, the kicker putting the ball on the tee, the coach talking to the player in pre game, stat overlays, drive charts on the playcall screen, scores from around the nation in the middle of the game, etc.
+1 to this. I miss the coaches on the sideline, THE CHAIN GANG(and when you went out of bounds, knocking them over...that was always hilarious)
I liked in 03,04 when they showed both teams coming onto the field and the fans booed when the away team came on.
All those little things that really add up to make it complete. The gameplay is there in 11, all those little things would make it the greatest football game ever made.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »