Home

This is Ridiculous

This is a discussion on This is Ridiculous within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2010, 09:32 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: This is Ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky
Ndamukong Suh thinks this is an average play at best.
roflcakes with maple syrup
Old 07-18-2010, 09:39 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

I feel your pain Mo. The Superman swat needs to die. A 300+ pound man shouldn't jump as high as a basketball player.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:53 PM   #19
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

i think the ball trajectory is partly to blame. bullet passes seem to have an unrealistic flat trajectory over long distances.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:21 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky
Yeah, and you can change the trajectory of the ball, no? Tap the pass button to lob it over these jumping linemen.

Ndamukong Suh thinks this is an average play at best.
Lmao.

I play co-op dynasty and my friend plays QB and I play receiver and I really get to notice how rediculous some of the swats and interceptions are by lineman. Some of the bullet passes still should have some sort of air under it if you're throwing 30 yards down field.

I think there needs to be more middle ground and an easier way to put touch on the ball without throwing a lob, or maybe my friend just sucks at QB
Old 07-19-2010, 05:07 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

Dont you just love when a 6'2 255pd leaps with a 60 inch vert. and hit the ball right of the sky, when the player that you are throwing to is 20 yards down the field. just a lil unrealistic, but as everyone has been saying this has been around for years and doesnt seem like EA knows how to fix it. This has lost me a lot of games lol, but has also won me some.

The bad thing about this is:

If you touch pass you will mostly likely give the the safety time to make up and rest throwing a int.

If you bullet pass you will get the 60 inch vert from the linebacker who will knock down the ball out of the sky.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 05:13 PM   #22
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20

Guy beat me online last night and his dline did this at least 6 times to knock down passes.
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Old 07-19-2010, 05:14 PM   #23
Rookie

My favorite is how a guy who is beaten pretty badly and running full speed just to try to stay with the receiver will turn and leap - to maximum height, while still gaining ground on the receiver, and get a perfect knockdown. I don't think that's physically possible.

I had a "great" play yesterday where I had a receiver deep and when I threw it the commentator actually yelled, "HE'S WIDE OPEN!" When the ball got there a safety had streaked across the field to make him not so wide open, but it didn't matter - the corner that had been five yards behind him made a circus leap off of a hidden trampoline and swatted the ball away.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:15 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty199127
Guy beat me online last night and his dline did this at least 6 times to knock down passes.
You absolutely have to use touch to pass over those guys, or have a wide open throwing lane. Sometimes they don't even jump, my QB just throws the ball right into their faces.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »