Home

This is Ridiculous

This is a discussion on This is Ridiculous within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2010, 05:46 PM   #25
Rookie

knighthawksfan's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: This is Ridiculous

It is very wierd that ea sports makes the defense seem like there are super man all the damn time. But they need to make another patch and tone that crap down. Because in my online dynasty I beat one of my members 71-17 which is sad but all thoses knock downs were the reason for it. But it's all good I don't really play ranked matches anymore.

nfl- cardinals
mlb- Tampa Bay Rays
ncaafb- Arizona State Sun Devils
nhl- Arizona Coyotes
MLL- Rochester Rattlers

NBA- Washington Wizards
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 08:54 AM   #26
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Well, I've just seen this happen WAY too often & It needs to be addressed. either a patch or globally edited...if possible. If we can't get this patched, it'll be a long process of goin' in & individually editing every player's leaping ability.
Do they even have such attribute? thanks
Old 07-20-2010, 09:02 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 2

I see him saying get that weak $H!t outta here
Old 07-20-2010, 09:21 AM   #28
Rookie

BIG17EASY's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecooper
My favorite is how a guy who is beaten pretty badly and running full speed just to try to stay with the receiver will turn and leap - to maximum height, while still gaining ground on the receiver, and get a perfect knockdown. I don't think that's physically possible.

I had a "great" play yesterday where I had a receiver deep and when I threw it the commentator actually yelled, "HE'S WIDE OPEN!" When the ball got there a safety had streaked across the field to make him not so wide open, but it didn't matter - the corner that had been five yards behind him made a circus leap off of a hidden trampoline and swatted the ball away.
You're right, this is much worse than the linebackers. You can learn to throw the ball over the linebackers. But when you throw a pass deep with plenty of loft and the defensive back still somehow leaps high at a full sprint to knock down the pass is a little annoying. It's not bad enough to ruin the game for me, anyway, but it does take a tiny bit of shine off what otherwise seems to be a great game.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:34 AM   #29
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3

Happend already three times in my dynasty where a linebacker goes up like Dikembe Mutombo to say, "no soup for you"!

Kinda frustrating but like some of the other guys in here have stated, it is a very small part of an otherwise great game. I still am trying to learn how to lob over linebackers in this game while still putting enough heat to make sure the safety doesn't jump the route for the pick 6. Tough... but I'm able to do it in madden so I guess it might just take a while to figure out.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:26 PM   #30
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

I hate when the defense is in zone and you've got 2 receivers streaking. The AI CB turns his back to cover one receiver, you throw to the other receiver and magically he turns his back and makes a play on the ball. It's obvious they wanted to tone down the passing game this year, but I think they went a little too far. I definitely want it tougher than years past, but IMO it's a little too difficult right now. I mean I'm learning to adjust, but it seems like there's A LOT of pass patterns that are useless in this game. Is it just me?
Old 07-20-2010, 01:41 PM   #31
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
I had Reliford WIDE open for 6, and Justin Trattou all of the sudden has a rocket of his azz...
What level are you playing on Mo?

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 01:45 PM   #32
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
What level are you playing on Mo?
Varsity... 'tater

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »