Home

Taunting before touchdown

This is a discussion on Taunting before touchdown within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2010, 09:18 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Taunting before touchdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarv
If anyone high-steps from 15 yards out of the endzone online against me, the first chance I get, I'm blitzing a corner and trucking your QB...I don't care how late the hit is.
I'm not going to cry over a late hit in a video game, I'm just not. And I'll gladly accept the roughing the passer penalty you'll prob get on that late hit.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:07 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 15

rofl at this thread. anyways thanks, didn't know it was mapped to B this year.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:18 AM   #51
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
Whatever the case, I just want EA to give us the OPTION to celebrate -- at the risk of getting an unsportsmanlike penalty.

There's no emotion in NCAA 11. You score a TD and your teammates turn their backs to you and walk off the field.

They should bring back the TD and post-play celebrations we had in NCAA 06.

If it's in the game ...
What this guy said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 09:36 AM   #52
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlndr
What this guy said.
There's all sorts of celebrations. You just don't get to pick which ones you do like you could in the past. But it is true that the excessive ones that would result in a penalty (like dunking the ball over the goal post) have been taking out. Although I think some of the celebrations that players do with the mascots would draw penalties in real life.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:54 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Spear 'Em
Generation Y - Thinks they're owed everything in this world and too damn lazy to work for any of it.
Gen Z - Just a bunch of lil hoes if u ask me

I'll stay with my generation.. Generation Triple X
Ohh really so the baby boomers havnt wrecked the country with their entitlement type spending...
2010: #9 Iowa 3-0
Last: W 24-17 v #25 FSU (Human)
Old 07-27-2010, 09:55 AM   #54
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oklahoma19
To me there is a major difference between "taunting" and just being emotional. Taunting is like holding the ball out AT a player when youre scoring or getting in a players face after a big hit.. that stuff is just bs for real life and gets you cheap-shotted the rest of the game if Im playing. But as for being emotional then i think thats part of the game. I think both the videos that were posted were just players being excited to make big plays. They werent targeting any other player and taunting them. Rather just being excited and showing emotion. I hold the ball up whenever I can on my way to the endzone.. Like someone said earlier. Football is an emotional sport.. But taunting at another player is a p*** move.. and classless
Very well said!
I remember my first loss as a pee-wee and it sucked because we were the best team and we lost to a team we should've dominated. The crowd stormed on the field and went crazy. We weren't mad at the crowd cause that was a great game. But when you get a sombrero and a cell phone that's taunting. In the SEC trash talking is our past time. That's nothing because it's our culture. But when you're on the field you have to show some class. This was never a gentlemen's game but I used to remember in pee-wee to show some respect. You're lucky to be on that field and when you have grandkids you don't wanna remember the taunts from the other team, you wanna set a good example. As far as the CPU knock your self out, but when you're playing a real person man up and play the game well.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:17 AM   #55
Banned

OVR: 9

Some would say taunting is a legitimate strategy. If you can get in your opponents head... get them pissed off, then they aren't going to play as well. That was Michael Jordan's philosophy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 10:30 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull n Pray
Some would say taunting is a legitimate strategy. If you can get in your opponents head... get them pissed off, then they aren't going to play as well. That was Michael Jordan's philosophy.
So is a nut-shot or purposely injuring somebody but it's not very noble. Anyways any team that Michael Jordan couldn't beat is to smart to fall for that!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »