Home

The Team Im Seeing The Most Online? "The U"

This is a discussion on The Team Im Seeing The Most Online? "The U" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2010, 09:09 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The Team Im Seeing The Most Online? "The U"

The U having the deepest backfield

I am mainly seeing Miami and Oregon online.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:10 AM   #34
Rookie

MiamiPride26's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocanes92
Can us 'Canes fans refrain from saying we are back and claiming we will go all the way before even winning the ACC? We got owned by Wisconsin in our last game and while this season is setting up well we still have a long ways to go...
YOU SIR ARE VERY DUMB.... I didnt know 20-14 was getting owned?
Old 07-20-2010, 10:00 AM   #35
Banned

feedthehorse28's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiPride26
YOU SIR ARE VERY DUMB.... I didnt know 20-14 was getting owned?
Scores don't always tell the story, Wisconsin controlled that entire game and dominated in the trenches. I wouldn't go as far as to say Miami got owned, but Wisconsin definitely put a whoopin' on 'em.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 10:46 AM   #36
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

I am a ‘Cane fan that cringes every time I come across another ‘Cane fan who is quick to claim that we are back. Miami wins it’s first two games and all of a sudden this translates to us winning the national championship. It’s like they forget that there are 119 other schools that play FBS college football as well. Last year was a classic example when after a couple early season wins most ‘Canes fans were already partying in anticipation of a national championship and boosting Jacory for Heisman. Like another poster said, let’s win the ACC first.

Speaking of winning the ACC, we don’t even have the deepest running back duos in the ACC. Virginia Tech with Williams and Evans do. Our top two backs as far what we’ve seen so far are Cooper and Berry. Of those two Cooper might not even play at all this season due to the injury he suffered in bowl game. The other guys on the roster have talent and reputation but they are largely unproven come game time. Mike James is the only one who saw action last year. All the others are living off their high school accomplishments. I do think Miller could be good once he sees the field. He has done well in practice.

And the guy who wrote that we got owned by Wisconsin is not dumb. He is right. That 20-14 final score is misleading. Remember that half of the points we scored were setup by that long kick return we got to open the game. That put us on their 20 yard line to give us a short scoring drive. I was at the game and saw a game where the rest of the game we got man handled, especially in the trenches. Their guys out worked us and pushed us around. A lot of this you had to have seen in person because TV doesn’t always pick up stuff away from the ball.

We could be a very good team this year with all the talent coming back. We definitely have top 10 talent, maybe even top 5. We are good enough to even beat Ohio State, especially since we play them early in the season. Like someone else wrote, the key will be going through the season without any major injuries to the defensive line. The offensive line has to come to show improvement as well. We also can’t afford injuries there or at linebacker, where we are thin. Overall I like our progress but let's not get carried away.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes

Last edited by deadlyCane; 07-20-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:01 AM   #37
Rookie

elliottcarbone's Arena

OVR: 7

Ryan Williams couldn't hold Lamar Millers jockstrap.......

Lamar Miller is the fastest player in the ACC hands down...

Followed by T Benjamin...
NCAA BB: Miami Hurricanes
NBA: Atlanta Hawks

National Champions

1983, 1987, 1989, 1991, 2001

Old 07-20-2010, 11:02 AM   #38
Rookie

elliottcarbone's Arena

And yeah we got owned by Wisconsin but the sad thing is we only lost by 6 points that is what U Miami bashers should worry about. When a team that gets crushed only manages to lose by 6 points....That's real scary considering the fact that we will finally be junior and senior heavy since 03....

National Champions

Old 07-20-2010, 11:19 AM   #39
Rookie

CrossTown's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliottcarbone
Ryan Williams couldn't hold Lamar Millers jockstrap.......
This actually made me laugh. Ryan Williams tore up the ACC last year. Like it was rec league. His rushing totals and scoring totals set Freshman records and he was top 5 in the country in both categories. Hold his jockstrap? I've met Williams. He'd be ashamed to be considered in the same sentence as some unproven, over-hyped back coming out of Miami.

Expect VT to walk all over Miami again this season. It was fun watching Miami deflate in front of my eyes. I stood in the rain till the final whistle blew, even though the game was well in hand, just to savor the moment. Jacory is an excellent player, but it was getting annoying hearing all about him over and over again on ESPN.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:28 AM   #40
Rookie

elliottcarbone's Arena

Yeah right mark my words VT will get demolished by Miami this year...... Remember this last year we played in cold rain and the field caused us to not be able to use our speed. VT won the game at the line of scrimmage and weather negated Miami's speed. Won't happen this year in Miami boy....

ITS ALL ABOUT THE U!!!

National Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »