Home

The Team Im Seeing The Most Online? "The U"

This is a discussion on The Team Im Seeing The Most Online? "The U" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2010, 08:18 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: The Team Im Seeing The Most Online? "The U"

Miami has the worst bandwagon fans. They're always jumping on and off, sad thing is we cant even fill our stadium. The lack of on campus stadium and poor student transportation to home games kills the atmosphere at the games
Old 07-20-2010, 08:29 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
I am really enjoying the quick unranked matches online. Seeing a vast variety of teams, with people playing realistic because they are not all caught up in upping their rank...lol...which typifies the quick rank cheesers.
Yeah, same with me on this.. Except I've run into 3 people who quit immediately when something bad happened. I was up 7 - 0 on this guy, and he threw a bad interception... but not even like in a really bad spot, I think I had field position on my own 40 after it... and he immediately quit. I was like ".. huh? at least take a chance!" Then I saw his quit % after the game.. 100% haha.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:50 PM   #51
Rookie

Baseball Purist's Arena

OVR: 1

Miami has been a popular pick online this year, thanks mostly to J. Harris. As far as the "U" being back, they might want to beat Butch Davis and company first. Three straight losses to a division opponent in UNC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 09:58 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooShay
Miami has the worst bandwagon fans. They're always jumping on and off, sad thing is we cant even fill our stadium. The lack of on campus stadium and poor student transportation to home games kills the atmosphere at the games
Thats our biggest problem. The stadium. I am not a fan of it. We need a new Orange Bowl and have it on campus. Then I could see us easily selling out.

― Plato
Old 07-20-2010, 10:37 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Purist
Miami has been a popular pick online this year, thanks mostly to J. Harris. As far as the "U" being back, they might want to beat Butch Davis and company first. Three straight losses to a division opponent in UNC.
lol thats definitely true. I was at that game in Chapel Hill last year when Jacory Harris had a great day throwing the ball to the UNC secondary. Its a good thing too, because our offense was/is terrible.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:22 PM   #54
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Thats our biggest problem. The stadium. I am not a fan of it. We need a new Orange Bowl and have it on campus. Then I could see us easily selling out.
Miami is not a big school only 10,000 students, the students need to get a more reliable source of transportation to get back and forth from campus to Landshark stadium
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Old 07-21-2010, 02:41 AM   #55
Rookie

Icon9 Re: The Team Im Seeing The Most Online? "The U"

I use the Canes because im a fan, and I tend to play better with the team I'm a fan of. They've got a great running game, and a great defense.

I think the Canes are a top 5 team this year too! Kiper is already raving about the draft class, there are a few going in the first round in his mock draft. I know one thing, I won't miss CJ SPILLER (But he'll probably run all over my Dolphins now )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 02:46 PM   #56
Banned

Jitt_Da_Joker's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyCane
I am a ‘Cane fan that cringes every time I come across another ‘Cane fan who is quick to claim that we are back. Miami wins it’s first two games and all of a sudden this translates to us winning the national championship. It’s like they forget that there are 119 other schools that play FBS college football as well. Last year was a classic example when after a couple early season wins most ‘Canes fans were already partying in anticipation of a national championship and boosting Jacory for Heisman. Like another poster said, let’s win the ACC first.

Speaking of winning the ACC, we don’t even have the deepest running back duos in the ACC. Virginia Tech with Williams and Evans do. Our top two backs as far what we’ve seen so far are Cooper and Berry. Of those two Cooper might not even play at all this season due to the injury he suffered in bowl game. The other guys on the roster have talent and reputation but they are largely unproven come game time. Mike James is the only one who saw action last year. All the others are living off their high school accomplishments. I do think Miller could be good once he sees the field. He has done well in practice.

And the guy who wrote that we got owned by Wisconsin is not dumb. He is right. That 20-14 final score is misleading. Remember that half of the points we scored were setup by that long kick return we got to open the game. That put us on their 20 yard line to give us a short scoring drive. I was at the game and saw a game where the rest of the game we got man handled, especially in the trenches. Their guys out worked us and pushed us around. A lot of this you had to have seen in person because TV doesn’t always pick up stuff away from the ball.

We could be a very good team this year with all the talent coming back. We definitely have top 10 talent, maybe even top 5. We are good enough to even beat Ohio State, especially since we play them early in the season. Like someone else wrote, the key will be going through the season without any major injuries to the defensive line. The offensive line has to come to show improvement as well. We also can’t afford injuries there or at linebacker, where we are thin. Overall I like our progress but let's not get carried away.

preach!!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »