Home

Is it me??? Challenges much tougher this year

This is a discussion on Is it me??? Challenges much tougher this year within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2010, 10:59 AM   #1
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3
Is it me??? Challenges much tougher this year

Has anyone won a challenge yet? Just curious, it seems like every time I challenge the spot of the ball on close plays or a catch going out of bounds or being caught inbounds by the sideline I never win. Last season I at least got some calls overturned that I challenged, this year it seems like I can't pay the ref off for NOTHIN'!

I haven't won a challenge yet this year. Just to confirm, in college it still is one foot in bounds is a catch correct? Only been following NCAA Football (on tv and in game) for four seasons now. Also, I've had two deep balls caught, no feet in bounds and the computer never challenged. And I was YARDS out, not fractions of an inch, I'm not complaining that I got the plays but it takes away from the realism of the game if the pc is too dumb to challenge.

Anyone on the challenge aspect of the game? Still much improved from the first years the challenge system was implemented in ncaa and madden as far as what you can challenge and stuff but seems flawed.

Last edited by jdefreitas; 07-19-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 11:04 AM   #2
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Is it me??? Challenges much tougher this year

Challenges have been next to impossible for a while now, last year was the first time I actually won a challenge in a long time, so i probably won't even bother to use challenges this year.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-19-2010, 11:12 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

I had a fumble overturned when I challenged. That is the only time I have won a challenge in this game.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:23 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

I have made one successful and one unsuccessful challenge.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:34 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

A friend won a challenge against me in an offline match - he had a guy fumble when he hit the ground, challenged and got it overturned. I don't know if that counts. I've challenged just once in my dynasty and lost - it was when the CPU receiver caught a ball and was tackled & driven back in mid-air near the goalline. It looked to me like he didn't get across the plane, but I'm not even sure the game understood what I was challenging. The commentators kept talking about the "spot" of the ball and not the fact that I was trying to prevent a TOUCHDOWN, which I thought was pretty funny.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #6
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
I have made one successful and one unsuccessful challenge.
Same here. I never challenge the spot of the ball. I think fumbles are the easiest to challenge and win as you can see the auto-replay (if it plays) and still challenge. I don't think you can challenge if you initiate the instant replay.

I've not noticed the CPU Team challenge something, but the booth reviews have gone against me a few times.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:47 AM   #7
Rookie

Arkavian's Arena

OVR: 4

My challenges have been fairly successful thus far.

I've had about 3 fumbles over turned and I even challenged a ball spot and was awarded a 1st down on a big 4th down play.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:53 AM   #8
Hi.

bling1202's Arena

OVR: 8

I am 2/2. Just gotta know when to use them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »