Home

Video: Stopping Goal Line Running Cheese 4-2-5 Defense

This is a discussion on Video: Stopping Goal Line Running Cheese 4-2-5 Defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 02:57 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Video: Stopping Goal Line Running Cheese 4-2-5 Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toysrme
Full game is in 3 youtube videos. (cut out most of the new BS that detracts from the game... EA fix the game, quit putting new paint on a collapsing house!)

Ok so random ranked game from just before launch. Guy starts running some goal line cheese on me. It was the first time Ive seen it this year & hadn't given much though to stopping it with the 4-2-5. As soon as I saw it I knew I had the game won, so I was kinda screwing around with him offensively. Took me a little while to find the plays I wanted that would eat it alive (without going goal line defense, which is a terrible idea!), FYI new play picking system SUCKS! Regardless I found some & shut him down.
Unfortunately I wasn't entirely use to the newer "freight train" like turns the game has this year. (Auto-Sprint is the stupidest thing ever! Didn't have it disabled at this point) So I missed a tackle & let him score one time. :\
Anywho. 4-2-5 & Strong Nickle ate his cheese up. Woulda been slightly harder if he threw more from his cheese playbook, but I still woulda won easily.
You went through that much trouble to show us you could do that with Alabama? That team is on steroids...some would say using Alabama is cheese LOL. Show us you can do that with some "C" rated team and I'll be impressed.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:16 PM   #10
Rookie

IkeB2's Arena

OVR: 4
Thumbs down Re: Video: Stopping Goal Line Running Cheese 4-2-5 Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toysrme
Full game is in 3 youtube videos. (cut out most of the new BS that detracts from the game... EA fix the game, quit putting new paint on a collapsing house!)

Ok so random ranked game from just before launch. Guy starts running some goal line cheese on me. It was the first time Ive seen it this year & hadn't given much though to stopping it with the 4-2-5. As soon as I saw it I knew I had the game won, so I was kinda screwing around with him offensively. Took me a little while to find the plays I wanted that would eat it alive (without going goal line defense, which is a terrible idea!), FYI new play picking system SUCKS! Regardless I found some & shut him down.
Unfortunately I wasn't entirely use to the newer "freight train" like turns the game has this year. (Auto-Sprint is the stupidest thing ever! Didn't have it disabled at this point) So I missed a tackle & let him score one time. :\
Anywho. 4-2-5 & Strong Nickle ate his cheese up. Woulda been slightly harder if he threw more from his cheese playbook, but I still woulda won easily.
Why the "N" word in your msg to the guy you were playing? What in the h--- is up with that?
Old 07-19-2010, 04:23 PM   #11
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
4-2-5 is THE defense this year.
It's the D for online cheesing but it's obviously is flawed like it was last year. The OL programming can't stop it. It's pretty much cheese. The only time it might be acceptable is in conferences like the WAC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 04:42 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
It's the D for online cheesing but it's obviously is flawed like it was last year. The OL programming can't stop it. It's pretty much cheese. The only time it might be acceptable is in conferences like the WAC.
with the way the offense is in this game I don't see how anyone can say any defense is cheese. The 335 is a little better than 4-2-5 so if 4-2-5 is cheese, I guess 3-3-5 is uber cheese?
Old 07-19-2010, 04:50 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 9

How do you record an entire game like that? Are you playing in HD?
Old 07-19-2010, 04:53 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

4-2-5 is a beast if you have the right athletes.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:54 PM   #15
Rookie

browntowntiger's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
with the way the offense is in this game I don't see how anyone can say any defense is cheese. The 335 is a little better than 4-2-5 so if 4-2-5 is cheese, I guess 3-3-5 is uber cheese?
when i played wvu in my dynasty, they ran 3-3-5. outside linebacker was always taking down running backs from behind before they could even get going. i have to agree, this formation of defense with being familiar with blitz audubles for olb's can be unstoppable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 05:16 PM   #16
Banned

dreezymac's Arena

OVR: 11

There is no "cheesing" in regards to defense unless a person continuously calls a heavy blitz every down...and even that can be countered. For every defense, there is an offense that can beat it. Its just that most of us are accustomed to our own offensive style and adjustments dont come easy.

4-2-5 and 3-3-5 work great for me with guys that like to "cheese" the spread and/or QB scrambling. After that, most guys I play that have balanced offense easily beat those formations.

3-4 is my base D but with so many people coming out 3/4 wide, I rarely find myself using it. 4-3 to me has become useless...even my sim D has gotten better as a result of changing to 3-4.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »