Home

Advancing OD From Your Browser

This is a discussion on Advancing OD From Your Browser within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2010, 12:22 PM   #1
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Advancing OD From Your Browser

I thought I read that you could advance from your PC browser. I'm looking at it now, but don't see where I get that option, so i'm assuming I misread something at some point.

Anyhow, after i get what I want on my recruiting board, is that about all I can do from the browser at this time? I see where the option to make calls and such is in, but at this time all that is disabled. Which, i'd guess becomes available when you advance to the next week.

BTW, i'm just starting my dynasty so I haven't even played my first game.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 12:27 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Advancing OD From Your Browser

I am the commissioner of an online dynasty and have found that none of the commissioner tools (such as advancing the week) are available through the PC, must all be done through the console.

You can do all your recruiting through the computer, however be warned that a friend of mine in my dynasty said that EA's janky servers caused him to hang up on some recruits, etc., so the PC recruiting isn't inherently flawless.

On the webpage you can also look at ALL the stats for all the user-games, as well as the schedules (and results) for ALL the games. You can also look at the rosters for all the teams. However you can not edit your own depth chart (or any other, obviously).

Here is my online dynasty. We're a few weeks in: http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_use...5&sku=662A0001
Old 07-19-2010, 12:38 PM   #3
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
I am the commissioner of an online dynasty and have found that none of the commissioner tools (such as advancing the week) are available through the PC, must all be done through the console.

You can do all your recruiting through the computer, however be warned that a friend of mine in my dynasty said that EA's janky servers caused him to hang up on some recruits, etc., so the PC recruiting isn't inherently flawless.

On the webpage you can also look at ALL the stats for all the user-games, as well as the schedules (and results) for ALL the games. You can also look at the rosters for all the teams. However you can not edit your own depth chart (or any other, obviously).

Here is my online dynasty. We're a few weeks in: http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_use...5&sku=662A0001

Thanks for the Info.

This is my first OD ever, so i'm a n00b at all this stuff. So basically, when i get home tonight, i can do my red shirting, then advance to game week (and this is supposed to take 20 min?), play my first game, then advance to the next week. Then tomorrow, i'll be able to make my calls from my PC.

Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:42 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
Thanks for the Info.

This is my first OD ever, so i'm a n00b at all this stuff. So basically, when i get home tonight, i can do my red shirting, then advance to game week (and this is supposed to take 20 min?), play my first game, then advance to the next week. Then tomorrow, i'll be able to make my calls from my PC.
Advancing weeks doesn't take 20 minutes. There's just a 20 minute minimum wait time between advancing weeks.

It's primarily only a problem in the offseason. Viewing training results doesn't take 20 minutes...but you have to wait 20 minutes minimum to advance.

During the season, playing a game takes more than 20 minutes (even on like 3 minute quarters, you're close to 20 mins if not over). I generally spend close to 20 minutes on recruiting alone.

But yes, you can do all of your recruiting from your PC if you want to.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:48 PM   #5
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
Advancing weeks doesn't take 20 minutes. There's just a 20 minute minimum wait time between advancing weeks.

It's primarily only a problem in the offseason. Viewing training results doesn't take 20 minutes...but you have to wait 20 minutes minimum to advance.

During the season, playing a game takes more than 20 minutes (even on like 3 minute quarters, you're close to 20 mins if not over). I generally spend close to 20 minutes on recruiting alone.

But yes, you can do all of your recruiting from your PC if you want to.
Thanks again. Very helpful!

Absolutely can't believe i'm able to do dynasty stuff from work, this new feature has totally changed the aspect of NCAA for me.

Rock on EA!

Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »