Home

Creating freshmen for your roster

This is a discussion on Creating freshmen for your roster within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2010, 05:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Creating freshmen for your roster

I have an offline dynasty and I'm getting ready to restart it with an edited roster. I was wondering what a good overall rating (and maybe good specific ratings as well) would be for a star freshman player. I want to create two guys on both offense and defense that will be my main player on both sides of the ball - the people I control most, possible future Heisman candidates, and hopefully drafted into Madden. They'll be a halfback and a MLB. What ratings would be good to where the player will be good and playable in his first season, but not over the top? And how much can I expect them to progress in overall rating by the time they are seniors?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 05:13 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Creating freshmen for your roster

I haven't looked into this years incoming freshmen but in years past a good rating is somewhere around 82-84 (sometimes you get up to an 86). I would just find a player you want a simliar ability to and just recopy his stats with minor tweaks and adjustments to bring the rating to your choosing.

Also, if this is like past years versions, the recruits you create just dive into the pool for open recruitment and you probably won't get them if they are too high for your prestige. Best bet if create a recruit that will your school can get, and then make his hometown from city that your team is in.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:17 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey
I haven't looked into this years incoming freshmen but in years past a good rating is somewhere around 82-84 (sometimes you get up to an 86). I would just find a player you want a simliar ability to and just recopy his stats with minor tweaks and adjustments to bring the rating to your choosing.
Thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey
Also, if this is like past years versions, the recruits you create just dive into the pool for open recruitment and you probably won't get them if they are too high for your prestige. Best bet if create a recruit that will your school can get, and then make his hometown from city that your team is in.
I'm actually editing the roster of the team on the teambuilder site, so no problems there. I first tried to create a guy and recruit him twice, and after I failed both times I got tired of messing with that. I just want a five star quality guy playing for my three star school, is that so impossible?
Old 07-19-2010, 05:26 PM   #4
Banned

UMCanes93's Arena

OVR: 6

You could create them as 1* punters and then just change their positions after your recruit and sign them
Old 07-19-2010, 05:44 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMCanes93
You could create them as 1* punters and then just change their positions after your recruit and sign them
That is awesomely sleazy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 06:58 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMCanes93

Dam I never thought of doing that. Great idea that I will exploit in my offline dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »