Home

Past Gen bring backs (orig. xbox, ps2)

This is a discussion on Past Gen bring backs (orig. xbox, ps2) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Past Gen bring backs (orig. xbox, ps2)

Has anyone noticed a few things that the current gen of NCAA is missing? I have. One of the biggest things missing is sideline coaches. I really think that in the past it was neat to rename a coach the real coaches name, for example (ECU Coach ---> Ruffin McNiell). You could customize what the coach looked like as well as his name. I also still rant about ECU missing the purple smoke. Great Miami has white smoke but we have had better seasons the past two years and we still get shafted (Miami '09 9-4 '08 7-6) (ECU '09 9-5 '08 9-5 and Back to back C-USA champs) Where is our smoke at?? (Ours is purple aka Purple Haze) .I also miss the rivalry mode. In this mode you could go to the automatic rivarly without having to search for schools and match the teams up. This was just a quick option for those that like to collect the trophies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Past Gen bring backs (orig. xbox, ps2)

I miss seing the coaches a lot...I liked creating myself as a coach..and also liked creating my high school coach...it was awesome seeing the high school coach on the sideline cause it looked just like him
Old 07-19-2010, 08:10 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls0329
Has anyone noticed a few things that the current gen of NCAA is missing? I have. One of the biggest things missing is sideline coaches. I really think that in the past it was neat to rename a coach the real coaches name, for example (ECU Coach ---> Ruffin McNiell). You could customize what the coach looked like as well as his name. I also still rant about ECU missing the purple smoke. Great Miami has white smoke but we have had better seasons the past two years and we still get shafted (Miami '09 9-4 '08 7-6) (ECU '09 9-5 '08 9-5 and Back to back C-USA champs) Where is our smoke at?? (Ours is purple aka Purple Haze) .I also miss the rivalry mode. In this mode you could go to the automatic rivarly without having to search for schools and match the teams up. This was just a quick option for those that like to collect the trophies.
You cant be serious, your argument ends with the words C-USA
Old 07-19-2010, 08:16 PM   #4
b**-r*y

tehova's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls0329
I will co-sign this post as an ECU Alum disappointed the smoke didnt make it in
Old 07-19-2010, 08:20 PM   #5
Pro

rynecandy's Arena

OVR: 8

I just want them to put random team back....didn't they just have it in last year? I liked it better when the recruits would just wear a plain green helmet and when they committed, it would turn into the teams helmet. There aren't enough faces and they get very repetitive. I understand they might be trying to show off the realism of the characters but they are too repetitive IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 10:12 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

You can change the name of the coaches, at least in Dynasty mode. I went through and renamed all of the SEC coaches to be correct, though, it would be nice to maybe edit them.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:00 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

Before we talk about presentation, how about bringing back medical redshirts and player discipline?
Old 07-19-2010, 11:05 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Bring back:

-User/jump catch for offense and defense, and jump swat
-Next gen graphics, features, recruiting, with last gen game-play, sprinkled in with real time physics and correct blocking patterns like in NCAA 11.
-Spring game
-Summer drills for dynasty, but more in depth, have more of an effect for dynasty and progression, really spend some time doing drills to better your team.
-Be able to see an opponents recent history of online games played before you play them.
-See your online opponents favorite playbook, run/pass percentage, favorite play, favorite formation, etc., all those stats and facts that made online play on last gen so awesome.
-The option was so smooth on last gen, it doesn't feel as smooth on next gen.
-Videos of your favorite team, a la NCAA 06 highlight videos

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »