Home

Issue with Pipeline States in my OD

This is a discussion on Issue with Pipeline States in my OD within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2010, 09:52 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Issue with Pipeline States in my OD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA-Bucks
I have this problem also.

I playing Utah (not teambuilder) in a 10 team online dynasty.

My "pipeline" states are Utah, Cali, and.... Tennessee.
(12 people are from Texas and 0 from Tenn).
It looks like you've TARGETED 12 people from Texas and 0 from Tennessee. The prospects you're are targeting ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT effect your pipeline states.

Pipeline states are determined by the home-state of the players ALREADY ON YOUR ROSTER.

Texas Longhorns don't have many players on their team from outside the state, so Texas is their only pipeline.

I believe Notre Dame is an example of a school whose roster is made up primarily of Texas and California (amongst many other) players, and therefore their home state, Indiana, is NOT a pipeline state, and properly so. Syracuse is another example of a school that does not have their home-state (New York) as a pipeline. It's not a glitch. It's working as programmed. Your home state is only a pipeline state if you have enough players on your roster from that state.

For what it's worth though, New Jersey absolutely should be a Rutgers pipeline, unless you're 4+ years into your dynasty and haven't been recruiting your home state good enough.

Again, pipeline states are determined by the home-state of the players CURRENTLY ON YOUR ROSTER, so yes, pipeline states can be both gained and lost. I am fairly certain that the number of players required on your roster for the state to be a pipeline is 3, but it may be slightly more. If you have at least the minimum numbers, the state will count as a pipeline. If those players graduate or leave early and you do not replace them with enough players from that state, you will lose that state as a pipeline.

It's not that hard people.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:27 PM   #18
Rookie

ajwhawkeye12's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
It looks like you've TARGETED 12 people from Texas and 0 from Tennessee. The prospects you're are targeting ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT effect your pipeline states.

Pipeline states are determined by the home-state of the players ALREADY ON YOUR ROSTER.

Texas Longhorns don't have many players on their team from outside the state, so Texas is their only pipeline.

I believe Notre Dame is an example of a school whose roster is made up primarily of Texas and California (amongst many other) players, and therefore their home state, Indiana, is NOT a pipeline state, and properly so. Syracuse is another example of a school that does not have their home-state (New York) as a pipeline. It's not a glitch. It's working as programmed. Your home state is only a pipeline state if you have enough players on your roster from that state.

For what it's worth though, New Jersey absolutely should be a Rutgers pipeline, unless you're 4+ years into your dynasty and haven't been recruiting your home state good enough.

Again, pipeline states are determined by the home-state of the players CURRENTLY ON YOUR ROSTER, so yes, pipeline states can be both gained and lost. I am fairly certain that the number of players required on your roster for the state to be a pipeline is 3, but it may be slightly more. If you have at least the minimum numbers, the state will count as a pipeline. If those players graduate or leave early and you do not replace them with enough players from that state, you will lose that state as a pipeline.

I know it's not that hard... clearly there is a glitch for me. I am Rutgers. The roster has not been changed. I am just starting the 1st year of an OD. There is NO reason why NJ and NY shouldn't be pipeline states.

As for the guy using Utah... maybe it's YOU (Pogo) that doesn't understand things too well... Clearly if you look at the bottom of the map where it says "PIPELINE STATES" it shows that the only two pipeline states are CA and TN... and Utah only has 1 player from TN. It's obviously a glitch dude.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:47 PM   #19
Rookie

ajwhawkeye12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA-Bucks
has anyone tried to retire and come back as the same team?
Can somebody that has more experience in ODs please tell me what negative results could/would come from me trying this.

I'm in week 2 of the OD.
I'm the Commish

So I assume I'd have to...
A)Transfer commish duties to somebody else.
B)Retire
C)Get the acting commish to invite me.
D)Accept invitation
E)Get commish status transferred back to me
Again, what (if any) negative things would happen as a result? Would my recruiting board, depth chart, formation subs, etc all get jacked up?

It'd suck if those things happened, but it'd be worth it if I'd get NJ and NY back as pipelines.

Last edited by ajwhawkeye12; 07-20-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:39 AM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwhawkeye12
I know it's not that hard... clearly there is a glitch for me. I am Rutgers. The roster has not been changed. I am just starting the 1st year of an OD. There is NO reason why NJ and NY shouldn't be pipeline states.

As for the guy using Utah... maybe it's YOU (Pogo) that doesn't understand things too well... Clearly if you look at the bottom of the map where it says "PIPELINE STATES" it shows that the only two pipeline states are CA and TN... and Utah only has 1 player from TN. It's obviously a glitch dude.
I am not familiar with where the 70 players on Utah's roster are from. I did think it is weird that the map view shows he has just 1 player from Tennessee on his roster yet got that as a pipeline state, but he has also TARGETED a number of recruits from Texas and is claiming that Texas should be a pipeline state. I don't know that Utah should or should not have Texas as a pipeline state. I was explaining that pipeline states are (or, when working properly, supposed to be) based on the home states of the players on your roster, and nothing else.
Quote:
Can somebody that has more experience in ODs please tell me what negative results could/would come from me trying this.

I'm in week 2 of the OD.
I'm the Commish

So I assume I'd have to...
A)Transfer commish duties to somebody else.
B)Retire
C)Get the acting commish to invite me.
D)Accept invitation
E)Get commish status transferred back to me
Again, what (if any) negative things would happen as a result? Would my recruiting board, depth chart, formation subs, etc all get jacked up?

It'd suck if those things happened, but it'd be worth it if I'd get NJ and NY back as pipelines.
If you transfer commissioner duties to someone you can trust, and the week is not advanced, none of your recruiting board, depth chart, etc. should be changed. I am fairly certain that these things are only changed by the CPU if it is a CPU controlled team while the week advance simulation is going on.

To be on the safe side, I'd write down all of your recruits so it would be easy to fix, in the case that your board does get messed up.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure how much of a difference leaving and rejoining would make to your pipeline states. I'm also not entirely sure how much of a difference, especially over just one season, having the "wrong" pipeline states would make. If you want a specific pipeline, just recruit that state heavy. In my online dynasty, I start with Pennsylvania, and I want Ohio, so in the first season I'm recruiting Ohio pretty heavy. If I can keep both of these pipeline states, it should make a pretty huge difference over the long run. If 1 recruiting class is going to make that big of a difference in your online dynasty, then you're not playing very many seasons, and that's kind of boring.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:01 AM   #21
Rookie

ajwhawkeye12's Arena

The main problem for me is that over 1/3 of the guys I targeted to recruit come from NJ/NY, which should be pipeline states for me. My main issue with that is that I'm in a Big East OD, so several of the guys playing and recruiting against me in my own conference are going to get pipeline bonus points when recruiting NJ... they will have a big advantage against me while recruiting guys from my own home state (where like half of the team comes from.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 10:11 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
The main problem for me is that over 1/3 of the guys I targeted to recruit come from NJ/NY, which should be pipeline states for me. My main issue with that is that I'm in a Big East OD, so several of the guys playing and recruiting against me in my own conference are going to get pipeline bonus points when recruiting NJ... they will have a big advantage against me while recruiting guys from my own home state (where like half of the team comes from.)
For one reason. If over a third of your recruits are coming from this state, then you will almost definitely pick them up as pipeline states by the VERY next recruiting class. It's only going to effect one recruiting class, max, so it shouldn't be THAT big of a deal. You'll only see the impact for basically 25% of the rosters (if that) and that will only last 4 seasons. Moreover, because the incoming talent you get from recruiting generally isn't as good as the default talent on the rosters (even after progression), the first recruiting class isn't that likely to see that much playing time, where as the 4th recruiting class likely will.

And the online dynasties I play in generally go 20+ seasons. One recruiting class isn't really that big of a deal.

Yes, I understand, it's still no excuse for it to not work properly. Rutgers should most definitely have NJ as a pipeline. But as I said, it should be immensely easy to pick it up after just one season.

Also, I'm in a Big East online dynasty, and I happen to know that not all the other Big East schools have NJ as a pipeline, so all your opponents don't necessarily have that edge over you.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:41 AM   #23
Rookie

ajwhawkeye12's Arena

Quote:
Also, I'm in a Big East online dynasty, and I happen to know that not all the other Big East schools have NJ as a pipeline, so all your opponents don't necessarily have that edge over you.

Which is why I said several.... not all.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:17 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
It's pretty easy to count that there aren't 12 pins in the state of texas.
Quote:
Like the 12+ texans on utah's roster:
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/teams/uuc/roster
Quote:
But texas has their own state as a pipeline. He does not even have Utah as a pipeline, as clearly visible on his graphic and on their roster filled with Utah residents.
Quote:
No it's not, but you're struggling with it.
Quote:
but he has also TARGETED a number of recruits from Texas and is claiming that Texas should be a pipeline state.
No, you assumed that was the reason.
Quote:
I don't know that Utah should or should not have Texas as a pipeline state.
Then you probably shouldn't talk down to him when discussing it.
Quote:
To be honest, I'm not entirely sure how much of a difference leaving and rejoining would make to your pipeline states. I'm also not entirely sure how much of a difference, especially over just one season, having the "wrong" pipeline states would make.
Not having Texas is a very large difference. They are the premiere recruiting state in the game and have the most depth to pull from, which is particularly helpful if you are a lower tier program like rutgers and have to rely on a lot of sleepers or overlooked prospects.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »