Home

Out of the Box

This is a discussion on Out of the Box within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Best out-of-box football game?
Yes 42 76.36%
No 11 20.00%
Let me explain... 2 3.64%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2010, 11:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Out of the Box

Obviously by making this post I am stating my opinion. I am curious though, who's with me? My question is, out of the box is NCAA 11 the best football game this generation of consoles? Best football video game ever? Discuss.

My belief is that yes this is the best football we have ever seen in a video game. Yes there are issues, yes sliders make the game even more realistic, yes jersey's should get dirty. Regardless, no game makes a more realistic, enjoyable game of football (out of the box) like NCAA 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 11:48 PM   #2
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Out of the Box

Yes this beat my fav football game ever with NCAA 06.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 07-19-2010, 11:53 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

This is the best football game on next gen consoles hands down. However I dont think this is the best football game ever.

Presentation: NCAAF 11 slightly over NFL 2K5
Gameplay: NFL 2K5
Overall package: NFL 2K5 slightly over NCAAF 11

I do believe the gameplay of Madden and NCAAF on last gen consoles is still superior to current gen. Next year I believe we will see the best football game ever created. I suspect EA will be adding real time physics to NCAAF 12 and Madden 12.

Last edited by Mike Smoove; 07-19-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:53 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 36

Next-gen, yes.
College football game, yes.
Football game? No.

ESPN NFL 2K5 has that distinction for me, but this game is probably the best total experience ever made.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:16 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
Next-gen, yes.
College football game, yes.
Football game? No.

ESPN NFL 2K5 has that distinction for me, but this game is probably the best total experience ever made.
Nostalgia aside, this is football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 05:26 AM   #6
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Yes. I hated NCAA 07-10 on the 360. I forgot what it was like to have a great college football game. Although the wait sucked I'm having a blast with 11.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:33 AM   #7
Rookie

Wishing I had online. I would be excited to play you cats. Here's to never putting the control down.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:57 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 12

I don't think this is the best football game ever made. I do think it is the best college football game ever made, but I think there is alot that needs to be better.

1. Consecutive hits. I can't stand to watch people just fall down instead of hitting the ballcarrier.
2. Presentation. LOL at the guy who said this presentation is better then 2k5. Where are the stats during a game? Where is the half-time show? After game interviews, highlights? No way the presentation is better then 2k5.
3. Camera angles. Why do we only get 1 camera angle. Can you imagine playing this game (it is a very good looking game) from any camera angle that you choose? Broadcast camera on this game would be sick.

Those are my biggest issues with the game. I think a patch will come out at some point and fix some of the glitches, but I haven't really noticed any that are huge gamekillers.

With that being said. It is the best college football game ever made and I am having a blast with it. With slider settings you can get any kind of game that you want. High scoring, defensive battles etc. I think EA did ALOT right with this game, but it just needs a few more things to put it over the top.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »