Home

Beating Alabama

This is a discussion on Beating Alabama within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2010, 05:14 PM   #17
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Beating Alabama

Ingram ran all over my LSU defense in my first year he had like 300 yds, but i really went had no gameplan. In my 2nd year currently and my next game is against them and i'm pretty sure I know what to do this time around, they are #1 and i'm #3 so gonna be a good game.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:22 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

I beat them Back to Back with Boise on Heisman in my dynasty...Key is make their QB win the game for them because he makes a lot of mistakes. On offense run a lot of slants and other pass plays where the WR can get open quickly because they blitz a lot.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:33 PM   #19
Banned

pichon617's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by munie
On offense run a lot of slants and other pass plays where the WR can get open quickly because they blitz a lot.
That is true

You must play smart football on both sides of the ball if you do you will get the result I just got check it out.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/24222896
Old 07-20-2010, 06:44 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 3

I have not got to play mighty Alabama yet on my off-line dynasty. They somehow lost 3 games(2 SEC) my first year and didn't make it to the SEC Title game against my team.

I guess I might play them in an exhibition game to see how amazing they really are. We have so many all stars of gaming on here in this thread though...they make it sound like its little challenge to beat them with average teams.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:29 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Pete Carroll, is that you?

Seriously, though, good stuff. What position do you manually control on defense?
LMAO. The whole reason I started studying the 4-3 under was because of some talks that Carroll gave that were transcribed and posted to the internet. So you aren't that far off .

I will in general user the D line. Just because I like the gameplay at that position. If I am running a zone blitz I will switch it up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 10:25 PM   #22
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

USC Trojan Football Analysis by any chance? I think you're talking about that Nike Coaches' Clinic presentation that Pete Carroll gave. That was some good stuff. It turned me into a convert too. I'm a big believer in the one-gap system.

I was going through a bit of a learning curve with the auto-sprint and the locomotion. You're post reminded how efficiently I have to operate on defense.

Hey, do you have any tips for block shedding with the right stick?
Old 07-20-2010, 10:34 PM   #23
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6

Man blitzes are great at forcing Interception's and Mixed Blitzes are pretty good for the run you can find them by switching play calling to play type
Old 07-20-2010, 11:50 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm one of the biggest Alabama fans the world and I can say with pride that I lost to Auburn twice on Heisman. Alabama is a great team but my team can be beat. Ball control and making go throw will get you a win. Alabama is like Florida last year. You keep work on them and you can beat them..practice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »