Home

Beating Alabama

This is a discussion on Beating Alabama within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 01:19 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Beating Alabama

On Heisman Alabama is unfair
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 09:16 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
USC Trojan Football Analysis by any chance? I think you're talking about that Nike Coaches' Clinic presentation that Pete Carroll gave. That was some good stuff. It turned me into a convert too. I'm a big believer in the one-gap system.
Yea . That is exactly the one and the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Hey, do you have any tips for block shedding with the right stick?
Not really. I am going to set up and just practice that today or tomorrow. I struggled with it last night online .

EDIT: D line right stick controls are 'make move to the left' or 'make move to the right' for the most part. If you are going to control your gap you are 80% of the time going to make a move to the exact same side every time. So the only thing I have been doing is trying to start a 'move' before I make contact with the blocker. Seem to work okay on practice mode with varsity difficulty, but haven't tried AA yet.

Last edited by mbmonk; 07-21-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:10 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toysrme
All LB's do that, not just Bama's. For that matter every LB since 08 has done that. It's dodgy game code that allows the jump & warp INT's from LB's. Basically that's what you get for throwing around the LB's since 2008.

Online the key is stopping the pass. Most people don't run very well with them & while the speed disparigy is very, very little this year. Undertsand their backs are quite slow. Let the CPU tackle inside the box while you play LB or safety & take away the flats/outside runs by cutting them off. The running game collapses.

If anyone is not good at stopping Bama's running game. You simply don't understand basic defense. Learn to stop the counter, stretch/pitch, ACE-zone (not read), dive, sprint. I-formation ISO. Not very complicated! BAMA lives off the counter. They'll lull you to sleep stopping regular plays & then go 10+ with a good counter.
I didn't get destroyed by Bama. I held them to about 250 yards of total offense. They got 1 long TD run by Ingram (33 yards) because I just called the wrong defense for their play. He broke the DE's tackle, Jones obliterated my CB, and my LB's were all flowing away from the play.

I think I held Bama to 113 yards rushing (2.7 per attempt)...and they were 2/9 on 3rd down.

I was held to 29 yards rushing, 238 passing. Was 2/11 on 3rd down. Missed a FG, and had multiple turnovers, and a holding penalty that took back a TD.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »