Home

Recruiting Strategy Guide

This is a discussion on Recruiting Strategy Guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 10:51 AM   #17

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Recruiting Strategy Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
So the recruiting reports he mentioned in the first post is add on content?
As far as I can tell, yes.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 07-21-2010, 11:02 AM   #18
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Great guide! Question for the op - how have your classes ranked so far?
Old 07-21-2010, 11:10 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 15

Please sticky this.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:21 AM   #20
Pro

xxjgbxx's Arena

OVR: 9

i normally get a top 5 recruiting class every season things i normally do only 2 60 Min recruits meaning the must HAVE play makers of the class Ex the QB with A sp and B+ THP/THA then i always unlock all my b+ and up pitches then from there i just recruit the other teams down if i can, that seems to be the biggest problem people are having if you dont recruit the other teams down you will never get the good recruits
Old 07-21-2010, 11:51 AM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I decided against buying the recruiting reports premium content. I think it is a bit unrealistic to know exactly what the competition is doing.
This one is free. As long as you have timesavers turned on, you can access it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 12:05 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scadh
*Updated*
GENERAL RECRUITING

Take advantage of the random x2 Advisor Bonus by making pitches or discovering interest every time. The x2 bonus is the best opportunity you have to make up ground on schools ahead of you. NEVER waste a promise or scholarship offer during a week when you have the x2 bonus. Don’t even do a program comparison. You’re leaving points on the table by doing so. The scholarship, promise and comparison points will all be available to you later, but the x2 bonus is random and comes around only rarely. Even a low-value pitch will net good points with the x2 bonus.
This is good advice, except for one thing. You do actually get the bonus points when doing a program comparison, it just doesn't show up immediately like it does for a normal pitch, but it does get added to your total. But for promises, offers, and visit schedules you do miss out on the bonus.[/quote]

Quote:
Program comparisons are great provided you’re at least a full grade better. Your A versus your opponents C+ is a no-brainer, so take it every chance you get if you’re in a recruiting battle, regardless of prospect’s interest in the topic. Comparisons of grades with only one degree of separation (B vs. C+ for instance) usually end up costing you a few points versus just pitching the topic.
Let's say you are in a 2 horse race for a recruit, the recruit's interest in the topic is "very high", your grade is A+, and the other school's grade is A. In this situation, even with only one grade seperately the two schools, doing a program comparison is still better than just a straight pitch. Plus 80 for you and -20 for your competition does more for you than just plus 90.

Overall, there is a ton of great info in your post. Nice job.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:15 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
So the recruiting reports he mentioned in the first post is add on content?
No, it's not premium content, it's free. It's the Recruiting Reports box in the lower-right of the main recruiting screen. I believe there is a Helper that needs to be enabled in Dynasty Options or someplace. I'll check after what it is and where exactly and update this post in a little while.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:18 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull n Pray
Let's say you are in a 2 horse race for a recruit, the recruit's interest in the topic is "very high", your grade is A+, and the other school's grade is A. In this situation, even with only one grade seperately the two schools, doing a program comparison is still better than just a straight pitch. Plus 80 for you and -20 for your competition does more for you than just plus 90.

Overall, there is a ton of great info in your post. Nice job.
That hasn't usually been the case for me. Maybe I missed that because my school doesn't have many A+.

I'll test some more tonight and update the guide if needed. Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »