Home

So uh...

This is a discussion on So uh... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2010, 10:25 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
So uh...

Im recruiting this punter 2* and im the only that has offered him a scholly but he is soft to Baylor, Natl signing day comes and he is a hard commit to Baylor. So does he plan on just walking on to the team or what?

E: My buddy who is Utep had the same thing happen to him except with a OT, he went to Baylor as well...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 10:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: So uh...

Were you able to see if they had offered him a scholarship? I had the same thing happen to me, with a punter in fact, and he was a soft commit to WMU. I pursued and finally on signing day he had signed with them. I looked at the screen that displays the point difference and was able to see that they finally offered him a scholarship.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:33 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by uwnaldo
Were you able to see if they had offered him a scholarship? I had the same thing happen to me, with a punter in fact, and he was a soft commit to WMU. I pursued and finally on signing day he had signed with them. I looked at the screen that displays the point difference and was able to see that they finally offered him a scholarship.
Nope ive checked that and they have not offered him a scholarship
Old 07-20-2010, 11:11 PM   #4
Rookie

ttech10's Arena

OVR: 3

Almost every CPU controlled team will have quite a few walk-ons. I've gone after 4* and 5* guys who go to a school that didn't offer them a scholarship even though they have multiple scholarships from other schools. Happened last year as well.

I remember a guy who chose TCU and was being recruited by the entire Big XII south, all offering scholarships (except TCU of course).
Old 07-20-2010, 11:46 PM   #5
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Saw this happen all over the place in the only season I've finished. Had a 3 star guard commit to me that I never offered and 4 other schools offered him. Dunno why it's so prevalent in the game.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 12:34 AM   #6
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

i havent seen this
Old 07-21-2010, 12:58 AM   #7
Pro

blLLD0's Arena

OVR: 10

I've had this happen to me before. I was Purdue recruiting a 3* WR. Northwestern was #1 on his list but they never offered him a scholly. He was a soft commit to them for like 4 weeks before the offseason. They never offered but he eventually Hard committed after the last week of offseson recruiting. Its pretty lame if you ask me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »