Home

NCAA Football 11 Tuning Requests

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Tuning Requests within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 01:28 AM   #1
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
NCAA Football 11 Tuning Requests

Updated 8/11

Restarting tracking. Any tuning requests please add here.

It seems that the tune file is actually more able to address dynasty issues than gameplay, so we'll just go with any issues you think need corrected can go here and I'll keep and updated top ten list on this page.

There isn't one now because I just restarted the tracking as a new patch and tune file has recently come out.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 08-11-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 03:18 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Tuning Requests

Nice list. I would like to add that QB's need to take more sacks instead of risking an INT by "panic throwing". This was fixed in Madden 10, so I would assume they can fix it here too.

― Plato
Old 07-21-2010, 03:22 AM   #3
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Nice list. I would like to add that QB's need to take more sacks instead of risking an INT by "panic throwing". This was fixed in Madden 10, so I would assume they can fix it here too.
Really? I thought both 09 and 10 had the robo QB who would always find an open receiver when pressured.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:25 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

In Madden 10 prepatch the QB would always throw instead of taking a sack. This would result in a lazy duck that hit the turf 3 yards from the QB and 10 yards from any WR. And it was never called intentional grounding. The same thing happens in NCAA 11, but just not nearly as bad, but thats not saying much. It was literally every time you tried to hit the QB in Madden without diving.

― Plato
Old 07-21-2010, 06:46 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Is it possible to make positional slider adjustments? I.e. d-line penetration vs LB pass rush. I sometimes don't need to blitz because my NT (3-4 D) leads my team in sacks.

Also how about special teams blocking/returner ability/tackling? I run the ball well on heisman so I tuned down my run blocking at the expense of kick returns it seems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 06:52 AM   #6
Pro

Balrog's Arena

OVR: 14

Robo cop is in this version and it pisses me off. I think 10 was best robo cop wise.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:06 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Forgot the biggie for me. Can they do separate sliders for man coverage and zone coverage? I want to lower pass coverage to stop DBs from mirroring routes in man, but then it becomes to easy to pick apart zones.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:17 AM   #8
Rookie

Senor Nascar's Arena

OVR: 3

Great list Adambroski! I agree with all of your points.To add to that,
my list is as follows:

-Offsides needs to be tuned. Fake snap never draws the CPU defense offsides.

-Punt Return needs fixing. All defensive lineman simultaneously jump in the air as if it were a field goal block. This results in all defensive linemen falling to the turf allowing minimal punt return coverage.

-Kick return needs tuning. I feel like the entire team ends up tackling the guy with the ball. Something is definitely wrong with the kick return game but not exactly sure what needs to be adjusted.

-The QB AI logic. It seems as though the QB always has a safety valve to throw to no matter what.

Obviously there are more but I tried to keep my list to issues that were not mentioned yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »