Home

New Locomotion? My ACL tore just looking at it!

This is a discussion on New Locomotion? My ACL tore just looking at it! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 02:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
New Locomotion? My ACL tore just looking at it!

I have to say, I'm not a big fan of the new locomotion running. I mastered running the ball with the old system - waiting to boost, knowing when to cut. Now? I can't slow down when I want to (such as on screens), I keep running into my linemen, and the juking isn't the same!

Im also having a lot of trouble on defense. I usually use the SS, and I've taken great angles on outside runs, where in early games I'd crush the ball carrier, now they can just change direction without even stuttering, full speed right inside me! And open field tackles? I don't stand a chance! I have to switch off and let the CPU do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 03:08 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: New Locomotion? My ACL tore just looking at it!

I wouldn't say I don't like it. But I keep running into my linemen also and it bugs me. I like how its more realistic and you really do have more control than the earlier games. I have almost mastered it and it feels so much smoother than the other engine.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:10 AM   #3
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcapedwonder
I have to say, I'm not a big fan of the new locomotion running. I mastered running the ball with the old system - waiting to boost, knowing when to cut. Now? I can't slow down when I want to (such as on screens), I keep running into my linemen, and the juking isn't the same!

Im also having a lot of trouble on defense. I usually use the SS, and I've taken great angles on outside runs, where in early games I'd crush the ball carrier, now they can just change direction without even stuttering, full speed right inside me! And open field tackles? I don't stand a chance! I have to switch off and let the CPU do it.
It makes the backs play more like real football. In older games playing as the safety you could read the play and overrun it so the back would run right into you for the big hit. Now if you overrun it, the back cuts into the opening you left, which is exactly how they do in real life. You always hear about the one cut back who can plant and get upfield very quickly and that is what the backs can now do in the game to avoid defenders overrunning them.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:25 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
It makes the backs play more like real football. In older games playing as the safety you could read the play and overrun it so the back would run right into you for the big hit. Now if you overrun it, the back cuts into the opening you left, which is exactly how they do in real life. You always hear about the one cut back who can plant and get upfield very quickly and that is what the backs can now do in the game to avoid defenders overrunning them.
Yeah but no person on earth can cut like they cut in the game, they just change direction. They don't stop short or juke, they just run full speed and don't stop lol.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:27 AM   #5
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcapedwonder
Yeah but no person on earth can cut like they cut in the game, they just change direction. They don't stop short or juke, they just run full speed and don't stop lol.

Lol honestly I haven't really seen the runningbacks do this. I will keep an eye out for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 04:28 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 9

I have noticed that the locomotion on defense is a bit different from locomotion on offense. You get out of control very quickly on defense, almost like you're playing on ice. If anyone remembers the one Mighty Ducks movie with the guy that could skate faster than anyone but not stop worth a damn, that is what defense in this game reminds me of now.

On offense, it isn't much better, I get stuck on my OL all the time, but you have the stick to do a quick change of direction or juke and you're in good shape. On D, you better like the direction your guy is going because he isn't going to be able to change it too fast.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:41 AM   #7
Rookie

i've noticed on defense if you take auto sprint off it makes life much easier.. after losing my first 4 games to decent teams in play now.. i picked auburn vs tenn with auto sprint off and my defense was solid giving up only 1 or 2 big plays on heisman and won 24 14..

hometown: PITTSBURGH

RESIDE IN: FLORIDA

NFL: STEELERS
NCAA: PITT
NHL: PENGUINS
NBA: LAKERS

Last edited by foxdawg2000; 07-21-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:00 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxdawg2000
i've noticed on defense if you take auto sprint off it makes life much easier.. after losing my first 4 games to decent teams in play now.. i picked auburn vs tenn with auto sprint off and my defense was solid giving up only 1 or 2 big plays on heisman

I agree with this. Auto sprint off helps you have more control on defense

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »