Home

360 vs PS3 version?

This is a discussion on 360 vs PS3 version? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 09:24 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
360 vs PS3 version?

The differences are, as always, very minor. But I was wondering for those people who have both consoles which one is better? In the past there have been some framerate or graphical issues for one system but not the other, I heard it rumored that the 360 version was running a lot more smoothly than the PS3?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 09:30 AM   #2
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: 360 vs PS3 version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauxman
The differences are, as always, very minor. But I was wondering for those people who have both consoles which one is better? In the past there have been some framerate or graphical issues for one system but not the other, I heard it rumored that the 360 version was running a lot more smoothly than the PS3?
not another one of these threads.

SAME GAME, nothing is changed, keep it moving.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 07-21-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Im not sure if its the same with the 360 but on the PS3 version there are sometimes minor framerate/slow down issues on passing plays when throwing into crowded spots. Although i noticed its worse in certain stadiums and other places I play i dont notice it.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:42 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

PS3 doesn't always have full replays, something that isn't an issue with the 360 version. Plus as has been said above, the PS3 has some very slight frame rate issues. Not to mention if you want to play online the 360 is better. With that being said I think the PS3 has a better joystick for a football game. I have both versions and I can say they are mostly the same though so either way you're good but if you're debating then I'd probably go with the 360 version.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:58 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
PS3 doesn't always have full replays, something that isn't an issue with the 360 version. Plus as has been said above, the PS3 has some very slight frame rate issues. Not to mention if you want to play online the 360 is better. With that being said I think the PS3 has a better joystick for a football game. I have both versions and I can say they are mostly the same though so either way you're good but if you're debating then I'd probably go with the 360 version.
I have had ZERO frame rate issues and replays have been perfect on my ps3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 10:00 AM   #6
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
this going by what I read straight from the Horses mouth, EA said it's the same exact version.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 07-21-2010, 10:01 AM   #7
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

LoL I have both systems but I just don't feel comfortable yet using the ps3 for sports games yet. I honestly feel like they play and look better on 360. I have played madden 10 and 2k 10 on ps3 and it just didn't feel right.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:10 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

cgrierwv - this forum is filled with threads and posts of people complaining about the PS3 cutting off replays. Here is one that was just posted this morning: http://www.operationsports.com/vBull...ighlights.html

Footballforever - Just because it's the same exact version doesn't mean it plays the exact same way. In fact that's sort of part of the problem. EA creates the game on the Xbox 360 and then ports it to the PS3. So usually the issues crop up on the PS3 because of the port.

Again, I'm not saying the differences are huge or anything, in fact they're very minor. But if someone has no real care which system to get it for and they are asking for input then I'd recommend the 360 version due to the minor issues I spoke of.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »