Home

Booth reviews ??

This is a discussion on Booth reviews ?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 10:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Booth reviews ??

In past versions of this game with booth reviews the end call usually ended up being the right one. In this version, I've seen many times where it's a called an incomplete pass on the sideline, they review it, he's definitely out of bounds and they reverse it to a completion. Anyone else seeing alot of this? It's very frustrating in close games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 12:13 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Booth reviews ??

yes....that has happened to me twice. the replay showed the receiver clearly out of bounds and the reversed the call and said it was a catch. i got burned in a game against clemson...i was up by 3, with about 40 seconds left, and they made a about 30 yard pass on 3rd and 10 down the line. i was so pumped because the receiver was clearly out of bounds. i was shouting "no catch! no good!" the review came up....and BAM! play was called a catch. clemson went on to score and ultimately win the game. dammit.
GO BEARS

Cardinals suck
Old 07-21-2010, 01:00 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I haven't had that happen myself, but that particular issue (receiver in or out of bounds) seems to come up almost every year in Madden and NCAA. For some reason it seems to be hard for them to program it properly. Which is weird, you'd think it would be fairly simple.

The one booth review thing I've noticed a lot is pointless booth reviews of fumbles. Specifically, two or three times now there's been a booth review of a fumble where the team that fumbled got the ball back at about the same spot. Why even review it? And amusingly, the commentators will talk about it like this could be a BIG turning point in the game - even though regardless of the review, the same team will end up with the ball in the same place. Silly.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:37 PM   #4
Rookie

Booth reviews are tricky cause a lot of the times they're wrong and other times they won't review the proper play. Examples:

1) I once dove with my QB who fumbled when the ball hit the ground. No booth review so I hit "challenge" and it said "challenge the spot of the ball?". Uhhh no, I want to challenge the 'FUMBLE'.

2) One time my guy caught the ball and was hit as soon his his feet hit the ground and fumbled. They recovered. I guess 'football moves' aren't programmed into the game yet cause I'm pretty sure in real life when you catch it you have to make a move...my guy didn't. I challenged anyway and still lost but it was still annoying. Could be wrong there.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:07 PM   #5
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3

Goes the other way too. I had a thread up last week asking about the AI of the PC Coaches not challenging obvious out of bound catches getting called complete:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...gher-year.html

Last edited by jdefreitas; 07-21-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 04:10 PM   #6
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

you guys do know you onlyneed one foot down in college.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:05 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 12

Has anyone seen the the ref. on the sides like he is looking into a camera, but there is no camera there? I have seen it once and it happened so quick I was like "did that just happen?" I haven't seen it since.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 07-22-2010, 12:43 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
you guys do know you onlyneed one foot down in college.
Umm yeah...the reason I originally posted this was because in my game against Texas their receiver got possession and his first foot came down out of bounds then they review it and reverse it. Hence the frustration.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »