Home

My tips for building up a lesser school

This is a discussion on My tips for building up a lesser school within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 10:48 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
My tips for building up a lesser school

These are simple but they may be something overlooked

-schedule out of conference games that will be good games for recruits to visit, I make sure I have a decent of conference game at home for recruits to visit, the more good games you can get visits the better

-sign JUCO players and Athletes early on, both get overlooked some compared to other recruits with the same ratings

-Dont be afraid to cut players you will never need, that 2 year starter may have sentimental value but if you are improving and recruited over him cut him, just pretend he flunked out if it makes you feel better

-Safety in numbers, over recruit if possible, its better to pick from 2 players at the same position than be stuck with one

-redshirt solid players on the roster now even if they arent freshman, I often redshirt sophmores or even juniors if they arent needed for depth and I know they can start latter down the line.

-Dont get caught up in overall ratings, some players perform better due to certain qualities especially mid tier players, for me a DE with good speed who can pass rush is more valuable

Just a few thoughts feel free to add more
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 11:41 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: My tips for building up a lesser school

Good ideas...this will hopefully help my Rice Dynasty. I am currently recruiting like 9 wr's for this very reason.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:54 AM   #3
Rookie

SoonerSports's Arena

OVR: 3

Hope fully I can get SMU back on track with these tips...
Carolina Panthers
Old 07-21-2010, 11:56 AM   #4
Rookie

hitmanwa's Arena

OVR: 5

Great tips.

1 thing I do too is recruit guys with specific skills for specific schemes. Overall they may have a low rating but do 1 or 2 things well that I need.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:02 PM   #5
Rookie

TDTGodfather's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fntsyfbgod
These are simple but they may be something overlooked

-schedule out of conference games that will be good games for recruits to visit, I make sure I have a decent of conference game at home for recruits to visit, the more good games you can get visits the better

-sign JUCO players and Athletes early on, both get overlooked some compared to other recruits with the same ratings

-Dont be afraid to cut players you will never need, that 2 year starter may have sentimental value but if you are improving and recruited over him cut him, just pretend he flunked out if it makes you feel better

-Safety in numbers, over recruit if possible, its better to pick from 2 players at the same position than be stuck with one

-redshirt solid players on the roster now even if they arent freshman, I often redshirt sophmores or even juniors if they arent needed for depth and I know they can start latter down the line.

-Dont get caught up in overall ratings, some players perform better due to certain qualities especially mid tier players, for me a DE with good speed who can pass rush is more valuable

Just a few thoughts feel free to add more
so is it better to schedule like a texas or USC and lose or a mid level school and win for recruiting? just curious. i'm thinking about starting a dynasty with either SMU or UCF.

basically i was always led to believe that winning your game was more important.
Chicago White Sox
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »