Home

Online Recruiting Error

This is a discussion on Online Recruiting Error within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 11:34 AM   #1
Pro

gameface1324's Arena

OVR: 11
Online Recruiting Error

Ive looked all over, and other than some mentions in pre-release reviews, there isn't really any chatter about this huge error, that I have experienced for 2 days now.

In a nutshell, you call a recruit and set the minutes used... then the screen changes to an error message, telling you to report to EA if the problem persists (yet nowhere on ea support is there a topic on this), and you lose out on that valuable time, and can't call the recruit again.

Basically you get no pitches in, yet waste the time.

This has happened to me several times today at work. My connection hasn't went out, its a problem on EA server end.

So no one else is in an uproar due to this? Those hours are valuable!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 12:04 PM   #2
Rookie

Schreck's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Online Recruiting Error

I can't even get into the website, I've just been sitting here staring at the spinning circle that says retrieving online dynasty. So not true. Anybody else have this problem? Maybe it's for the best that I can't get in, at least I don't have to deal with the other problems.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:16 PM   #3
Rookie

mangler's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schreck
I can't even get into the website, I've just been sitting here staring at the spinning circle that says retrieving online dynasty. So not true. Anybody else have this problem? Maybe it's for the best that I can't get in, at least I don't have to deal with the other problems.
when i opened the page it was like that for a few minutes, then i clicked on the dropdown menu along the top that has your dynasties listed and selected the dynasty i prefered to view. It then loaded, well except for the story which loaded the entire time I navigated the site.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:19 PM   #4
Rookie

Schreck's Arena

Hey Mang, can you include the link you're using for that. The one I'm on says its the Beta version. Is it the beta version for everybody? I'm thinking that might be the problem. I don't have a drop down menu for my dynasties, it just has a button for DaRealness, but when I click on that nothing happens either. Annoying.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:19 PM   #5
MVP

emalloy3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameface1324
Ive looked all over, and other than some mentions in pre-release reviews, there isn't really any chatter about this huge error, that I have experienced for 2 days now.

In a nutshell, you call a recruit and set the minutes used... then the screen changes to an error message, telling you to report to EA if the problem persists (yet nowhere on ea support is there a topic on this), and you lose out on that valuable time, and can't call the recruit again.

Basically you get no pitches in, yet waste the time.

This has happened to me several times today at work. My connection hasn't went out, its a problem on EA server end.

So no one else is in an uproar due to this? Those hours are valuable!
This has happen to me more than once using the dynasty report interface. I have gotten so frustrsted at losing the time that I have altogether stopped using it.
NBA:Los Angeles Lakers
NCAABB:Georgetown Hoyas
MLB:Washington Nationals

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 12:26 PM   #6
Rookie

mangler's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schreck
Hey Mang, can you include the link you're using for that. The one I'm on says its the Beta version. Is it the beta version for everybody? I'm thinking that might be the problem. I don't have a drop down menu for my dynasties, it just has a button for DaRealness, but when I click on that nothing happens either. Annoying.
schreck, I attached the link. However, it's the Beta site and my guess is it will continue to for the entirety of NCAA Football 2011 just so EA has a crutch to lean on if/when things don't work.

Also, I wasn't able to get Da Realness to load, but my CarolinaBlue.com dynasty loaded fine (probably <3 secs of loading). Don't know what's up with Da Realness, might have to get Goo to check it.

http://www.easports.com/dynasty
Old 07-21-2010, 12:26 PM   #7
Pro

gameface1324's Arena

Great job EA. You would think this would have been exhaustively tested, since it was your big selling point for this years game...

And they will keep the beta tag up there so they can always fall back on it as an excuse for when things don't work
Old 07-21-2010, 12:30 PM   #8
Rookie

Schreck's Arena

Kind of what I figured man, that's the same site I'm using. Oh well, maybe you just can't see things in the preseason and we'll be able to once we advance to the first week. Not a big deal, just wanted to see how that stuff works, should be a cool feature. As it is, it's a pain in the ***, hope EA gets these annoying issues worked out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »