Home

Blocking Kicks

This is a discussion on Blocking Kicks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 10:06 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Blocking Kicks

That's funny. In my first game I blocked an extra point. Since then...nothing
Old 07-21-2010, 10:09 PM   #34
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

I can say I've come very close to blocking both a kick and a punt, however so far no dice this year.
Last year I blocked one punt and one extra point.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:06 PM   #35
Rookie

LC AAU's Arena

OVR: 4

I blocked a potential game winning FG with Russell Shepard in an Online Dynasty, it was sick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 11:41 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 9

I have been getting close just running and jumping through the middle, when I get to my dynasty, I may give a scholarship to the tallest jumper I can find and put him at the return spot in the FG Block play, see if I get lucky.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:10 AM   #37
Rookie

bosstalk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplummer317
Has anyone ever blocked an extra point or field goal in any of the ncaa games. I never have. It seems like it is almost impossible.
Yes, in 09 & 10 virtually every FG longer than an XP was blockable.

and now that Ive started my dynasty in '11 , Im seeing how I can do the same as I used to do in the two previous games.

all I need to do is move a faster guy in formation subs to the spot player and I will start blocking a lot of FGs again.

people who played in 09 Duckdown Dynasty, TheOne Dynasty and gatorBait shortlived 10 dynasty can vouch that I can and have blocked many FGs.

in 09 blocking Punts was absolute cake with anyone over a 92 overall speed, just needed to do a cple things and Bam!

its harder now and I am looking for a new way to get to the kicker. It will happen soon!
Old 07-22-2010, 11:23 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 25

LOL....I blocked a Punt back in like 08 but they were pinned deep in the endzone and i was playing a scrub team (EMU i think)....

Blocked and extra point a few years back as well, but that was luck and in a head to head game.

Other than that? Not even close....You have a .5% chance. Should be looked at closely for 12. With the anemic KR/PR game as well as a complete inability to block kicks makes ST useless.

But i can look past it as the gameplay is SO on point.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:27 AM   #39
Rookie

Maxil's Arena

OVR: 2

it depends really who you're using and how the line is setup, fast guys are key. EA's always had this mystic setup that's changed each year though on how where you've put different guys on different formations will determine where they are on special teams. I've blocked 2 field goals and about 3 punts (maybe 4?) so far this year, but been called on at least two dozen roughing the kicker penalties.

My best luck has always been diving at 'em, jumping up for the block, maybe once or twice but I never pushed that button the CPU just took control for whatever reason. From what I've noticed when they dive they dive high, I'd say 3/4th's of the vertical that the "block" animation does.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:27 PM   #40
Rookie

bosstalk's Arena

Yes, and every block I have ever made was from using the Dive button.

they take it right off the foot. infact I have a problem with after the punt and FG block anumations because the ball never goes back far enough.... I was blocking fgs and punts and the ball would go backwards at the most 5-7 yards and just lay there to either scoop and score or fall on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »