Home

solid playing time promise

This is a discussion on solid playing time promise within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2010, 04:47 PM   #17
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: solid playing time promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky
Unfortunately, this has already been done. If you set the players up to start on the depth chart, but sub them out every game, so they get absolutely no playing time, you still achieve your "solid playing time" promise.

This aspect is flat out broken, and it always has been. I simply don't allow myself to make this promise in my own dynasty, because it's so easy to manipulate.
Good that I don't have to do this now. Bad that it's set up this way. How can they not track the number of snaps they get? I could see this being abused in recruiting. I guess the only downside of it is that you couldn't redshirt the guys to promised time to and would end up wasting a year, but a lot of people don't really care about that.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:54 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 15

It is ridiculously lame to promise a HB or WR solid playing time and not get credit for the promise.

Like for instance, I'm really run heavy. Through the first 7 games on my online dynasty, my starting running back had 140 carries, the second running back had 70 carries.

It's pretty stupid that a freshmen could come on, be #2 on the depth chart, average 10 carries per game (and that doesn't count how often he is on the field without getting a carry) and complain about solid playing time.

And how about third WR... what if you run at least 3-wide on EVERY SNAP. The 3rd WR literally plays as much as the 1st WR. Yet because he's 3rd on the depth chart, you've broken the solid playing time promise.

Lame and double lame.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:20 PM   #19
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
It is ridiculously lame to promise a HB or WR solid playing time and not get credit for the promise.

Like for instance, I'm really run heavy. Through the first 7 games on my online dynasty, my starting running back had 140 carries, the second running back had 70 carries.

It's pretty stupid that a freshmen could come on, be #2 on the depth chart, average 10 carries per game (and that doesn't count how often he is on the field without getting a carry) and complain about solid playing time.

And how about third WR... what if you run at least 3-wide on EVERY SNAP. The 3rd WR literally plays as much as the 1st WR. Yet because he's 3rd on the depth chart, you've broken the solid playing time promise.

Lame and double lame.
This.........
Old 07-22-2010, 05:47 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

No way it has anything to do with the number of starts, and probably not depth chart position. It is much more likely to be tied to the number of snaps they get. Mass Sub at the end of games -- or even better, don't make the promise if you can't deliver on it.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:49 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scadh
No way it has anything to do with the number of starts, and probably not depth chart position. It is much more likely to be tied to the number of snaps they get. Mass Sub at the end of games -- or even better, don't make the promise if you can't deliver on it.
Okay scadh, don't believe us? Promise a recruit solid playing time and never move him to starter, then check at the end of the season and see whether you completed the promise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 05:50 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky
Unfortunately, this has already been done. If you set the players up to start on the depth chart, but sub them out every game, so they get absolutely no playing time, you still achieve your "solid playing time" promise.

This aspect is flat out broken, and it always has been. I simply don't allow myself to make this promise in my own dynasty, because it's so easy to manipulate.
Really disappointing, can't believe this is broken like this.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:40 PM   #23
Pro

osubucksfan47's Arena

OVR: 10

This is why I only promise no redshirt initially, its something you either do or you don't, there isn't any middle ground.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:31 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubucksfan47
This is why I only promise no redshirt initially, its something you either do or you don't, there isn't any middle ground.
I promise a lot of recruits no redshirt first year on campus then just redshirt them the second year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »