Home

Using The "U"

This is a discussion on Using The "U" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2010, 01:55 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Using The "U"

Its basically a clone of the Saints if I am not mistaken. It actually might be the Saints playbook from Madden, just under Syracuse's name in NCAA.

― Plato
Old 07-22-2010, 09:53 AM   #10
Rookie

ADTheBrute's Arena

OVR: 3

I start Berry cause he is more dynamic. I will try Syracuse thanks everyone for your responses
Old 07-22-2010, 10:41 AM   #11
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

OVR: 14

Like the guy says above generic multiple playbook should do the trick. Also try fsu's miami doesnt run the pistol but everything else they pretty much run. Miami is a 50/50 run/pass team so any multiple playbook should work
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 11:10 AM   #12
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

i've heard alot of talk about Syrcase playbook I need to check it out
Old 07-22-2010, 12:31 PM   #13
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

OVR: 9

I am still waiting on somebody tell me what is so special about Orangemen's playbook
Old 07-22-2010, 12:31 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 15

Has anyone tried Michigan State's playbook? I was just looking through a spreadsheet that lists all the formations that teams' playbooks have. Michigan State has a ton of I-Form. 5 I-Form, 1 Maryland I, 1 Strong I, 1 Week I. Plus Ace Big and Ace Big Twins (along with a few other Ace forms).

No wildcat though, which I've just added to my playcalling repertoire with my Syracuse playbook. Wildcat requires tons of formation subs to run good though.

How about Tulane's playbook? They also have Ace Big + Ace Big Twins (and 3 other Ace forms), 4 I-Form, 2 Strong I, 1 Weak I, and a wildcat.

USC's playbooks actually doesn't look too bad. Ace Big, Ace Big Twins, Ace Twin TE, Ace Twin TE Slot, 4 other Aces, 4 I-Form, 2 Strong I, 2 Weak I, but no wildcat.

Western Kentucky has Ace Big, Ace Twin TE, 4 other aces, 6 I-Form (including a Tackle over), Strong I and Weak I, but no wildcat.

I think I'm going to try out Tulane, and we'll see how it goes.

Basically, for me, I'm very run heavy. Occasionally I'll go with play-action to try a deep strike down field, but other than that I'm running unless passing becomes absolutely necessary. So for me, a good playbook has plenty of run formations. No shotgun formation is a run formation (except the Wildcat...which is a Wildcat formation, not shotgun). Some Ace formations are run forms, others are not. If there aren't two TEs on the field, it's probably not a run form. All I-Forms are run formations.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:11 PM   #15
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

I like this thread. I have been thinking the same thing as op except I haven't the time to experiment. I'm a run first guy too but I want to use the bevy of receivers we have. I also want to use jacorys athletic ability.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 04:54 PM   #16
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
Has anyone tried Michigan State's playbook? I was just looking through a spreadsheet that lists all the formations that teams' playbooks have. Michigan State has a ton of I-Form. 5 I-Form, 1 Maryland I, 1 Strong I, 1 Week I. Plus Ace Big and Ace Big Twins (along with a few other Ace forms).

No wildcat though, which I've just added to my playcalling repertoire with my Syracuse playbook. Wildcat requires tons of formation subs to run good though.

How about Tulane's playbook? They also have Ace Big + Ace Big Twins (and 3 other Ace forms), 4 I-Form, 2 Strong I, 1 Weak I, and a wildcat.

USC's playbooks actually doesn't look too bad. Ace Big, Ace Big Twins, Ace Twin TE, Ace Twin TE Slot, 4 other Aces, 4 I-Form, 2 Strong I, 2 Weak I, but no wildcat.

Western Kentucky has Ace Big, Ace Twin TE, 4 other aces, 6 I-Form (including a Tackle over), Strong I and Weak I, but no wildcat.

I think I'm going to try out Tulane, and we'll see how it goes.

Basically, for me, I'm very run heavy. Occasionally I'll go with play-action to try a deep strike down field, but other than that I'm running unless passing becomes absolutely necessary. So for me, a good playbook has plenty of run formations. No shotgun formation is a run formation (except the Wildcat...which is a Wildcat formation, not shotgun). Some Ace formations are run forms, others are not. If there aren't two TEs on the field, it's probably not a run form. All I-Forms are run formations.
You and me are carbon copies how we run our offense. Go take a look at LSU playbook. Its big on the run!!! I am basically look for a run heavy modern playbook with passing attack to go along with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyCane
I like this thread. I have been thinking the same thing as op except I haven't the time to experiment. I'm a run first guy too but I want to use the bevy of receivers we have. I also want to use jacorys athletic ability.
Yes this thread is getting good, I would love to see this thread geared towards of us "U" users. We can share playbooks, plays, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »