Home

After a little over a week, I'll tell you what I've figured out playing on heisman.

This is a discussion on After a little over a week, I'll tell you what I've figured out playing on heisman. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2010, 04:20 PM   #17
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: After a little over a week, I'll tell you what I've figured out playing on heisma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Those who are having decent Heisman games.... What are your current slider and gameplay settings?
We're going on two full seasons with our dynasty on heisman difficulty.

The first season we used Matt's sliders with a few minor tweaks. We agreed not to adjust the whole year and we ended up with pretty good stats but the two things that needed to be fixed where 1) way too easy for User to run the ball and 2) way too hard for CPU to run the ball..

This was me using michigan, i went undefeated and won the national championship, but my skill level is also a lot higher than most people (not meaning to brag). I could never in my life play on varsity. And no, i don't cheese, and i rarely if ever pick the same play twice. I just make sure i'm mentally prepared for every game i play.

We made quite a few adjustments to the sliders for the second season. My last game (8 min quarters) i threw EIGHT ints. 6 with tate and had to bench him and then 2 with robinson and i still won 37-33 against notre dame. (i was down by as much as 14 in the fourth quarter) . To put this in perspective i had thrown only 4 Ints with forcier the whole season in my national championship run.

Sorry for the ambiguity and vagueness as far as slider settings but i'm going to run one more season before i post our (updated) slider settings. I will start a thread. Still needs at least another season of observation. Not enough variables to make a valid assessment as of yet.

edit: if this helps, we played the first season on slow/50 threshold, and the second we have on slow/45 threshold

Last edited by KensaiKatai; 07-22-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:43 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: After a little over a week, I'll tell you what I've figured out playing on heisma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
If you're having problem with the pressure, don't forget to adjust your gameplan to aggressive on d-line and use your "pass committ" in on long passing downs. Squeeze left trigger and up on the right stick.

I've only had one game where I didn't record a sack. I got 4 against a tough Ohio State line last night and completely decimated Matt Simms from Tennessee. I got 16 knockdowns, 21 pressures, and 8 sacks.

You have to be sound in your drops and get the right depth. The offense is going to convert from time to time. But it's all in the learning curve.
I know this is a silly question but how do you pass committ? Is it still right stick?
Old 07-22-2010, 05:09 PM   #19
Banned

haze56's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecooper
For people that time the snap count, how are you doing that? Just guessing? I don't hear the CPU QB actually saying anything, but they usually snap the ball one second after they get set, so I guess you could try to start your blitz just before that. I'm still having a lot of trouble getting good pressure, though I did manage two sacks in my last game, which is twice as many as I had in the three games before that combined.
Count in your head how long the CPU takes to snap the ball. There will be a pattern and they will almost always snap the ball at the same time. There are a few times where they send a man in motion so that will throw off your timing.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:13 PM   #20
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashad19
I know this is a silly question but how do you pass committ? Is it still right stick?
Yeah, but you have be squeezing the left trigger while you go up on the right stick. When you hit it you'll see the "pass" in in the menu to the top left of the screen flash yellow for a second.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:17 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Yeah, but you have be squeezing the left trigger while you go up on the right stick. When you hit it you'll see the "pass" in in the menu to the top left of the screen flash yellow for a second.
Thanks Senator I couldn't figure that out and it was starting to bother me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 06:56 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 34

the key to zone coverage against the CPU, is to use your coverage audibles, to roll your zones to the strength of the formation.

Always audible the coverage to side of strength.

Combine that with manual coverage and you'll see the CPU actually hold the ball, and you'll get some sacks out of your DLs.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:34 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by haze56
Stopping the run is the most difficult thing in the game.

I can't get the CPU to run the ball at all. Yeah they can tear me up if I lower my tackle slider way down, but then that leads to some god-awful play in the secondary after-the-catch on pass plays on top of it. With the tackle slider at a reasonable level, even with my Run Defense slider at zero, they're still pathetic.

I can't take another year of #1 against the run, #108 against the pass.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »