Home

QB Sneak

This is a discussion on QB Sneak within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2010, 06:59 AM   #1
Rookie

sf.irish's Arena

OVR: 1
QB Sneak

Wish I knew QB sneak was an automatic dive. Just failed a 4th down conversion due to that. Has it always been like this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 07:14 AM   #2
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: QB Sneak

It was made this way to combat the people who would use it for an automatic 5+ yard gain on every down. Makes it so it is only useful with a yard or less to go.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:21 AM   #3
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3

Actually it's not automatic. If you do not hold RB on the control then the qb will just keep running til' he gets tackled. However... if you don't tuck and get hit even somewhat hard you are guaranteed to be injured or fumble. Just hold up without tucking and follow whichever G gets a push or your center. I manage to pull it off quite a bit but if you dive or get hit you will lose control of the ball lol.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:24 AM   #4
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdefreitas
Actually it's not automatic. If you do not hold RB on the control then the qb will just keep running til' he gets tackled. However... if you don't tuck and get hit even somewhat hard you are guaranteed to be injured or fumble. Just hold up without tucking and follow whichever G gets a push or your center. I manage to pull it off quite a bit but if you dive or get hit you will lose control of the ball lol.
Good to know. So holding down RB will keep the QB upright? Makes sense.....I guess.

One thing I hate about using RB and LB (on 360) is that those buttons are not exactly the most reliable ones on the controller. It's pretty easy to press/unpress them w/o knowing.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

DO NOT hold RB if you want to remain upright. The QB will dive right away if RB is held. Basically run straight without holding the tuck button.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #6
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdefreitas
DO NOT hold RB if you want to remain upright. The QB will dive right away if RB is held. Basically run straight without holding the tuck button.
That's weird because on QB sneak right when I snap the ball I am holding up on the left stick and he just goes right to the ground for a 1 yard gain.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:13 PM   #7
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

Weird. I dunno, works for me on 360. I have converted quite a few with multiple yard gains. Not sure what the diff is.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:27 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think it depends on the defensive line alignment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »