Home

trap games in dynasty

This is a discussion on trap games in dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: trap games in dynasty

Happens in real life as well. I haven't had it happen yet in this game to an extreme, but I have had games where the only luck I had was bad luck. The Miami @ VT game last year was like this. I'm not saying Miami should have won, but nothing went their way that game and it was just out of their control.

Also, getting robbed on a booth review is nothing extraordinary. Happens in real life all the time and I'm glad EA made it like that this year. Or I think they meant for it that way.

― Plato
Old 07-22-2010, 12:04 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've got a friend in a dynasty with me who cannot beat USF as miami.. he just cant do it. They always ruin his perfect season.

Myself playing as oregon always seem to have a flukey game against usc
Old 07-22-2010, 12:04 PM   #11
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Auburn for me

LSU 7 7 7 3 14
AUB 0 14 3 7 10

Aub 7 0 7 7
LSU 0 10 0 9

I cannot stop their stupid sweeps to save my life, even with the blitz on.

@AdamdotH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 02:36 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Im Minnesota and mine is Michigan St... I had just beat #1 Ohio State in my dynasty in OT, just jumped to #3 in the rankings, and i play MSU who is winless in the big ten this season, and i get thumped 37-6... so sickning

Last edited by jrgom81; 07-22-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:48 PM   #13
Rookie

browntowntiger's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDTGodfather
damn, you read my mind. UF was only team i lost to the first yr of my LSU dynasty regular season (lost the the sugar bowl)

i couldn't tackle their barry sanders bo jackson walter payton hybrid they destroyed me thru the air, after 4 urnovers to their none. lost 31-24 and honestly i scored a TD with no time left.
they were uncanny on third down conversions too.

had more luck in the 2nd yr. somehow WVU was the team i had that game against at their place.

what most people dont understand about my anger is i played this game 5 times. I backed out the four times i was going to lost because i felt like i was getting rape robbed every time. Not much point in playing when the game and the other team is out to screw you with no lube. That within itself is living proof that its not just the fact that i was playing florida on the road, i can handle that. its the fact that theres a magestical invincible factor being put into the equation for the other teams performance and downgrading yours at the same time. I played florida in play now mode and beat them by 17 on the first try.

but having played them 5 times, beating their cpu offense goes a little something like this.

put your defense in a nickel formation for every play.
1. first down- nickel strong. control the linebacker thats covering demps. They run on first down nearly all the time so make the tackle or make him redirect into a defensive tackle.

2. second down- nickel normal. cover 1 press. play a d-end and put a spin move on the outside. Key is you have to control the end on the side that doesent have zone coverage. this way you force the qb to look the other way and throw towards the safety creeping up into the routes in zone coverage. this usually results in a collision making the reciever drop the ball or a short gain.

3. third down. use nickel normal. the cover 2 package with the olb and corner blitzing. blitz from the unprotected side and control the cornerback. rip *** on that qb. he'll usually throw the ball quick and make an errant throw or the reciver getting his hands on it usually gets walloped into an incompletion.

one thing you have to be aware is that when florida goes into a 5wr set, you have to press their recievers. have to or you will get burned hard.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:00 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

For me its more so the CPU seeing I am doing too well and messing up my plan. In my second season as EMU, I got a freshman 3* receiver that was money on 3rd downs. They decided he needed to be injured in the 3rd game for the season, leaving me with no offensive presence.

I am in the 3rd season and I had a great RB(about mid 80 rated) who was a godsend transfer for the spread I am running. He is now also out for the season with a broken vertebrae. 3rd season and on the hotseat...not good...
Old 07-22-2010, 03:03 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 5

I was 9-0 and playing against 2-7 Minnesota... next thing I know, they're up 21-0. I came back, but they ended up winning by 4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #16
Rookie

Bigman815's Arena

OVR: 5

I had a game like that in my UMD dynasty against West VA

Outplayed them the whole game. Went up early going into half but the 4th quarter they were darn near impossible to stop. passing game was insane, almost lost on a last second heave to the endzone but i stopped them at the one

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »