Home

The Air Raid Offense

This is a discussion on The Air Raid Offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2010, 11:23 AM   #57
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: The Air Raid Offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntom2000
We need to start a Air Raid Club lol. Really, I am liking this offense. I am using Houston playbook but, liking LT Tech somewhat. Really fun offense to use. This is being from a option guy for years!
I love this scheme in the NCAA game. Since the Run & Shoot only has a few actual R&S plays I turned to this and so far I have done the following...

In 2 On-Line Dynasty's - One is bigger schools... Bama - Florida - USC - Texas... I am Mizzou in that one... Sun Belt - I am Arkansas State in that one. I was 1-1 w/ Mizzou and 2-3 w/ Ark. St. Switched to Air Raid and am 2-0 w/ Mizzou and 2-0 w/ Ark. St.

Have had several L-O-N-G drives... 12 plays... 14 plays... 15 plays... had one drive that covered 98 yards in 17 plays and took an amazing 7:44 off the clock.

Both OD QB's lead the league in passing yards and TD's. As Ark. St. I have had TD passes of 96 - 91 -90 - 89 - 84 and 81 yards. So it can score quickly too.

Really cool to hear Texas Tech QB Steven Sheffield say that the Air Raid in the game has several actual TT plays.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:32 AM   #58
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
I love this scheme in the NCAA game. Since the Run & Shoot only has a few actual R&S plays I turned to this and so far I have done the following...

In 2 On-Line Dynasty's - One is bigger schools... Bama - Florida - USC - Texas... I am Mizzou in that one... Sun Belt - I am Arkansas State in that one. I was 1-1 w/ Mizzou and 2-3 w/ Ark. St. Switched to Air Raid and am 2-0 w/ Mizzou and 2-0 w/ Ark. St.

Have had several L-O-N-G drives... 12 plays... 14 plays... 15 plays... had one drive that covered 98 yards in 17 plays and took an amazing 7:44 off the clock.

Both OD QB's lead the league in passing yards and TD's. As Ark. St. I have had TD passes of 96 - 91 -90 - 89 - 84 and 81 yards. So it can score quickly too.

Really cool to hear Texas Tech QB Steven Sheffield say that the Air Raid in the game has several actual TT plays.
I havne't looked at TT playbook yet. That good huh?
Old 07-28-2010, 11:48 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 5

I used La Tech's playbook last night. It took some getting used to because I was a run-first kind of player, but I definitely can see myself using this playbook again. What kind of attributes should I look for in my skill players to run this offense effectively?
Visit my Arena: www.operationsports.com/iamironman84/
Old 07-28-2010, 11:55 AM   #60
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Hahahaha just played Rice as Houston(I like to get all the rivalry trophies before I do dynasty) and lit it up 70-28. I had 6 passing touchdowns and over 500 yards...with my backup! Keenum got hurt in the first series and was out for the game. I love this game.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:19 PM   #61
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamironman84
What kind of attributes should I look for in my skill players to run this offense effectively?
Others may look for something different, but here's what I look for and always have...

QB - arm strength is not a concern, accuracy is. The more accurate the better. In real life I also look for someone with high awareness... AKA football smarts Think Colt Brennan/Graham Harrell

WR I - For the slot receivers I prefer small and fast. Think Wes Welker {Patriots}, Davone Bess {Dolphins} Ryan Grice-Mullen {Hawaii} Good hands are a must and the ability to beat the DB in Man. In real life awareness plays in here as well, as I want WR's that know defenses and know when and where to settle in a zone

WR II - Outside WR's I prefer bigger... 6'2 or taller, 210-225 Think Hayward Jeffries {Oilers} Michael Crabtree {TT} Jason Rivers {Hawaii} Bigger WR's give you several distinct advantages over CB's who are 5'11". See the famous TT play against Texas where Crabtree uses his great hands to secure the ball and then his size/strength to shed off the tackle and get into the end zone

As NCAA 11 has such incredible man coverage I would look for someone w/ high Catch In Traffic ratings. This means they should hold on to the ball when getting hit, instead of dropping it like you see so much.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 12:25 PM   #62
Rookie

vtech11's Arena

OVR: 8

I've used the Air Raid a couple times. I lit Texas up with Texas Tech recently (offline), but it is very tough for me to use online...

One question, are there often no-huddles with this offense, or do you huddle most every time?
Old 07-28-2010, 12:29 PM   #63
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

I absolutely love the Houston Cougars on this game. I pick them all the time in on-line games. Like most of you, I am an establish the run/option kind of guy. I guess it's just something different. Only draw back is most of the air raid offenses on here don't exactly have stellar defenses. But if you can scheme and call plays right, you can get by.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:57 PM   #64
Rookie

coachchris's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech11
I've used the Air Raid a couple times. I lit Texas up with Texas Tech recently (offline), but it is very tough for me to use online...

One question, are there often no-huddles with this offense, or do you huddle most every time?
ASU is set up to be a fast paced no huddle team. I run with them in an online dynasty but I dont run no huddle all the time. I actually really like BYU's Air Raid playbook because of the two back SG sets. ASU has a fullback with good hands so I am able to get him the ball with the two back sets. With most of the Air Raid concepts your backs are going to the flats and are a part of your read progression so its important to have faith they can make the catch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »