Home

Dynasty Mode: What needs patching

This is a discussion on Dynasty Mode: What needs patching within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2010, 05:25 PM   #17
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Dynasty Mode: What needs patching

WAC schools missing a conference game in year one is a problem as well.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:28 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdefreitas
How bout the whole freezing after year 5 or so on the 360? If thats not fixed recruiting is screwed for all of us on that system... THAT needs attention.
I was in year 9 before i quit. on the 360. you must have done something wrong
Old 07-22-2010, 05:39 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

Yeah, basically all I'm seeing is that the lower rated recruits (namely 1* and 2*) need to get a little bump for their starting ratings. They seem to come in anywhere from 40 to 60 overall, which is probably 10 points too low, at least for the back end.

5* recruits look good from what I've been seeing, most come in between 77 and 83. Progression also looks good, average increase looks to be about 3, so for a 77 rated freshman that gets redshirted would end up 89 overall (if he were to progress the average rate).

Also, if you think about it, say an 83 overall freshman does not get redshirted, but progresses 5 (before sophomore year), then 4 (before junior year), then 4 again (before senior year), that player would end up being a 96, one of the top players in the game. And that's how it should be, seeing as he saw above-average improvement each year and came in as one of the best freshman of his class.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:50 PM   #20
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I see no problems with progression. On average, the best recruit in a class will become a 94 by his senior year, but may only make 86 a small amount of the time. Progression is mathematically solid.

The problem is that teams are bringing in 15 middle linebackers and having only 1 defensive end or other ridiculous crap like that, AND all of the top recruits go to the top schools. So all of the talent is on the same handful of teams, but those teams have absolutely no backups at a lot of positions... hence, poor teams are too poor because they have no talented players, and top teams are too poor because they have massive holes behind their starters and they're hoarding 5 star players 9 men down the depth chart.
Progression, I agree, isn't the crux of the issue here.

But at the same time teams get worse and worse as the seasons roll by to the point where a little less half of the teams are rated an over all "D" grade. That has to get fixed.

For me, it's:

Kickers. No team should have a 40 rated kicker and see top teams lose because of this is just absurd

Player loadup: Alabama doesn't need 7 MLBs. USC doesn't need 9 WRs. OSU doesn't need 7 QBs. The hoarding of talent is hurting the game.

Small schools need better players. In my test sim I'm in the yer 2015 (data posted on the blog) and lesser schools are so devoid of talent it's scary.

Bring back player progression during the year.

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com
Old 07-22-2010, 06:35 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
I was in year 9 before i quit. on the 360. you must have done something wrong
Well, on other sites I've seen this reported as well. In 2016 specifically the game freezes trying access recruiting. He's not the only one, I've had it happen to me in 2016. Were you letting the CPU recruit or doing it manually?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 06:52 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Progression is a problem. The overall talent level in this game should not decrease. It should always remain about constant... with a few A or A- teams every year. The way it is right now, this does not happen. Plus, the awareness drop is ridiculous.

Like I've said in other threads, I think two things would fix it...

1. In-season progression (which I still don't understand why it was removed)

2. Boost awareness more in the offseason than the rest of the attributes.

They do need to do something about progression though. It is not the way it should be. They need to find some middle ground between what they had last year, and what they had this year.

But if I had to choose, I'd choose last year's mass of A teams over this year's lack of talent. This game is basically saying that the talent in college football is going to decrease over time, when in reality the opposite is more likely.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:01 PM   #23
Rookie

Fluffhead's Arena

OVR: 5

Man, this sucks. I was really liking the game this year. All my franchise work appears for naught as it apparently turns into a giant suckfest as the years go by. How are these issues not extremely obvious to anybody testing the game? Although maybe these issues were obvious and we have the ol' "ran out of time" excuse again. How are these issues not even tested in any review of the game? I haven't seen it in any review prior to reading Mr. Abner's comments. I'm guessing the reviewers are rushing to be first as well. My 3-year purchasing hiatus on the game was apprently not long enough. Sorry for the rant, it's always something EA.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:19 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Abner
Player loadup: Alabama doesn't need 7 MLBs. USC doesn't need 9 WRs. OSU doesn't need 7 QBs. The hoarding of talent is hurting the game.
The first two examples are probably bad--unless you're talking about getting that many players in one draft class.

Alabama runs a 3-4, therefore the 5th and 6th MLBs are the 3rd string, while the 7 MLB is the 4th string. If Alabama ran a 4-3, then yes, 7 MLBs would be excessive.

Nine wide receivers isn't really that excessive unless the team almost never runs 4 or 5 wide. Even if they're regularly running 3-wide, 9 WRs isn't that excessive. If you play like me and run only 2 WRs 80% of the time, then yeah, 9 on the depth chart is too many.

And 7 QBs is always too many. Always. Four should pretty much be the max...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »