Home

Psychic playcalling is ruining Dynasty mode

This is a discussion on Psychic playcalling is ruining Dynasty mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2010, 12:02 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Psychic playcalling is ruining Dynasty mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack
Its been this way for years and its why I NEVER run a PA pass because its almost guaranteed to get me sacked
Yeah every time I try and run a bootleg I end up getting sacked before I even get out of the pocket
Old 07-23-2010, 03:49 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 15

Im pretty much at the point of quitting.

I just had a game where i threw for nearly 700 yards and 12 touchdowns. 350 and 8 tds by my slot reciever. Who is always fricken open becuase no matter what the formation is, if I call a run the cpu come out in a 4-3. So even if I have audibled the last 20 plays into the same deep fly route, the cpu will pick a 4-3 if i pick a run play.

Ive tried it on every level, ive even tried controlling the coach and changing the playcall style to be more conservative. Its not workng. The cpu just reads what play you call and completely ignores your personel. Its such a horrible idea i cant imagine why they would want to have the cpu cheat like that in the first place.

It completely kills the challenge and the actual game of chess that is supposed to be playcalling. I just hope that the madden playcalling isnt as stupid.

I wont be running any type of spread offense on this untill they figure out a way to patch playcalling.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:51 PM   #35
Pro

nyqua's Arena

OVR: 6

I really don't see this. Sometimes the CPU calls a blitz when I run, but I don't see it as being "psychic".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 03:59 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyqua
I really don't see this. Sometimes the CPU calls a blitz when I run, but I don't see it as being "psychic".

In any given game call a run play out of shotgun, even 5wr, the cpu will come out in a 4-3. Sometimes they dont for some reason, but they will 090 percent of the time
Old 07-23-2010, 05:06 PM   #37
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
Yeah, I see it too, but I also see them adjust. For instance, I call a run play, the safety is on the line. I audible to a pass, he backs off. I audible back to a run and he's blitzing again. It's hilarious to watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I see it on Heisman, not so much on AA.
That surprises me Solidice because I see it all the time on AA. It is annoying that the CPU knows your play.

But it bugs me more when the DBs run the routes better than your WRs. I've noticed that on AA the DBs know the route frequently, even if you use the entire playbook.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:13 PM   #38
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
That surprises me Solidice because I see it all the time on AA. It is annoying that the CPU knows your play.

But it bugs me more when the DBs run the routes better than your WRs. I've noticed that on AA the DBs know the route frequently, even if you use the entire playbook.
well I don't consider the DB running ahead of the WR as the CPU 'knowing' your play. it's just the way man coverage is in the game......unfortunately.

I'm talking about the CPU calling a base defense when I come out in 4 WR set but a run play. I rarely see that on AA.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-23-2010, 05:19 PM   #39
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
well I don't consider the DB running ahead of the WR as the CPU 'knowing' your play. it's just the way man coverage is in the game......unfortunately.

I'm talking about the CPU calling a base defense when I come out in 4 WR set but a run play. I rarely see that on AA.
I see it all the time on AA, and I can even see it on Varsity as well. It looks like it's done on all difficulties.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-23-2010, 05:29 PM   #40
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
I see it all the time on AA, and I can even see it on Varsity as well. It looks like it's done on all difficulties.
I've run a HB Draw inside the opponents 5 yard line in a 4WR set and they come out in a nickel/dime defense majority of the dime. I've also seen them run goal line defense when I'm in a 4 WR set and picked a passing play. so I don't know.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »