Home

How do you gameplan?

This is a discussion on How do you gameplan? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2010, 10:26 PM   #1
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
How do you gameplan?

This year I'm going to take a completely in depth style to setting up a game plan!

#1 - Know my roster in and out. I'm setting up all my formation subs to utilize my reserves and my star players. With Notre Dame I'll try and get more WR's into the game and more d-linemen.

#2 - Scout the opponent. I'm going to check out their roster and see what their strengths & weaknesses are. If there LT & LG are weak, I'm going to bring the house to that side during the game. If there line is awesome I might randomly blitz to keep them honest but mainly sit back and play conservative. I mean I'm going to really take the extra 10-15 minutes a week to see what my plan of attack should be!

#3 - Set play calling accordingly. I will take a look at their d-line. If they have studs you can bet I'll be keeping an extra blocker in. I'll make sure to pull a TE over when running and try to get as many bodies out there as I can.

This is truly going to add to the immersion of the game for me.

Do you game plan? Or do you try and get through the games as fast as possible?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 10:28 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How do you gameplan?

I power through the crap games, and then just play the good teams, I'm more into recruiting. But I do know my roster well, I just couldn't care about the other team's, too much work for a game to me.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:29 PM   #3
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I know it's definitely work. But I think it will be great to see that a team has a weak spot and you just wear out a poor tackle all game and end up with 3-4 sacks from that side.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:31 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

My blitzing is often and erratic, so I'm not too worried about that. I take more effort into setting up personal matchups, like a WR being covered by a LB, then I do worrying whether my top WR is on their fastest CB. I mean, if I play Georgia Tech I'm not going to play out of a cover 3, and if I play Texas Tech I'm not going to play run blitzes 50% of the time, but other than that I play to the system mainly, not the players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »