Home

Alabama Overrated?

This is a discussion on Alabama Overrated? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2010, 03:56 AM   #9
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Alabama Overrated?

I've skipped the first season multiple times. Until today they hadn't lost in the first season. They lost during the Championship game. The funny part is that it was this all over again:

Spoiler

By the same exact score surprisingly...

Also I thought we reached quota on the Bama overrated threads?
Old 07-23-2010, 04:02 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerCrazy25
I would argure with the ''Best Coach in the nation'' commet.
Name another active coach who has won national titles at two different schools. Is there another? Honestly I don't know. Not to mention he had Michigan State "on the verge" before he bailed: 10-2 with wins over Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State, Notre Dame and Florida. Same season. Michigan State.

Not gonna get into a whole thing about it, but I don't see too many guys with resumes like that. Maybe three or four at most. I said "arguably" anyway.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:06 AM   #11
Rookie

BigSteveTN09's Arena

OVR: 3

Year One: I beat them in regular season (by 1) but lost to them in the SEC Championship (by 7) (I ended up #12)
Year Two: They beat me in the regular season (by 4), but I beat them in the SEC CG (by 3) (I ended up #3)
Year Three: I swept them (both by one score) and won the NC
Year Four: I swept them (barely in the reg season, but easily in the SECCG) and won the NC (even though I lost to Florida and UF ended up winning the SEC)(I know, weird)

for the first three years, they were damn near unbeatable. i had to at parts of the games because their run game was unstoppable even when i brought 8.

I miss when the UT-Bama rivalry was actually like this...
NHL - Predators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 04:11 AM   #12
Rookie

DiSaStAx94's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
Name another active coach who has won national titles at two different schools. Is there another? Honestly I don't know. Not to mention he had Michigan State "on the verge" before he bailed: 10-2 with wins over Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State, Notre Dame and Florida. Same season. Michigan State.

Not gonna get into a whole thing about it, but I don't see too many guys with resumes like that. Maybe three or four at most. I said "arguably" anyway.
I live near Miami. I didn't grow up here, I don't care for the Dolphins in the slightest, but I will never respect him after the way he left here, no matter how much he accomplishes anywhere.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:17 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiSaStAx94
I live near Miami. I didn't grow up here, I don't care for the Dolphins in the slightest, but I will never respect him after the way he left here, no matter how much he accomplishes anywhere.
I don't respect him either - being from Michigan, the way he left Michigan State (and the Big Ten, for that matter) is no different than the way he left the 'Phins. That doesn't change the facts. Outside of Urban Meyer, who else is there on that level in college ball? Pete Carroll is gone. Sooner fan up there wants me to say Stoops? LOL. The way I see it, it's Urban and Nick. 1A and 1B. Everyone else is just wishin' and hopin'. Maybe you throw in Brown and/or Tressell, but I think even that's pushing it if we're truly trying to nail it down to "the best."

Where's Cebby when you need him?

Last edited by NEOPARADIGM; 07-23-2010 at 04:29 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:51 AM   #14
Rookie

TheRunningMan's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon14 Re: Alabama Overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSteveTN09
Year One: I beat them in regular season (by 1) but lost to them in the SEC Championship (by 7) (I ended up #12)
Year Two: They beat me in the regular season (by 4), but I beat them in the SEC CG (by 3) (I ended up #3)
Year Three: I swept them (both by one score) and won the NC
Year Four: I swept them (barely in the reg season, but easily in the SECCG) and won the NC (even though I lost to Florida and UF ended up winning the SEC)(I know, weird)

for the first three years, they were damn near unbeatable. i had to at parts of the games because their run game was unstoppable even when i brought 8.

I miss when the UT-Bama rivalry was actually like this...
Thank you for actually answering my dynasty questions; I just wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing this or if it's some weird bug that makes them unbeatable in sim games.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:05 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRunningMan
Thank you for actually answering ...
Um, how do ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakty
For the millionth time...the answer yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
... yes, they're overrated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiSaStAx94
Yeah, they're pretty much overrated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerCrazy25
Yes overated
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricko44
it's not right for them to be so good
.... not answer your question?

I mean, yeah, dude gave you some details, but you're just gonna dismiss every other post in the thread like that?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 05:19 AM   #16
Rookie

TheRunningMan's Arena

OVR: 0

The question was if this has happened in your dynasty like it has in mine, but for all the people that just read the title... good for you!

Last edited by TheRunningMan; 07-23-2010 at 05:33 AM. Reason: additional information

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »