Home

Alabama Overrated?

This is a discussion on Alabama Overrated? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2010, 11:33 AM   #25
Rookie

TDTGodfather's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Alabama Overrated?

although the disparity btwn the ratings of bama the rest of the teams are a little nutty, i enjoy having a big dog to conquer.

i play with LSU and have beat them once and lost to them once in two yrs. the year i beat them i was the only loss and they went to rose bowl, ohio st went undefeated and won the NC vs boise(really?). the next yr i lost but they lost a game earlier in the season and went to the NC and won it.

it's fun to gun for someone but them winning it every year especially if you play outside the SEC would be old after a while.
Chicago White Sox
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 12:49 PM   #26
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

this might explain why I'm scheduled for a championship game against...well Bama
Old 07-23-2010, 01:32 PM   #27
Rookie

browntowntiger's Arena

OVR: 2

well im sub 160 in total rushing yards allowed through 9 games on all american. bama doesent know what they got coming to em'. amazing mcelroy is a world beater in this game and a true ginger sap in real life.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:25 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by browntowntiger
well im sub 160 in total rushing yards allowed through 9 games on all american. bama doesent know what they got coming to em'. amazing mcelroy is a world beater in this game and a true ginger sap in real life.
You beat Auburn 56-0 and you're averaging less than 18 rushing yards per game?

It at least sounds like you need to move sliders around to make it more difficult. Though I'm interested in how you are so good playing on All-American (I'm assuming default sliders).
Old 07-24-2010, 03:38 PM   #29
Rookie

BigSteveTN09's Arena

OVR: 3

I ruined Bama's chances to win the NC because I would beat them either in the reg season or in the SECCG, so it paved the way for Boise State and then Ohio State (2x) before I won back to back.

I think it has to do with the fact that they have lots of top-ranked talent at FR and SO levels. That allows for them to be amazing down the road while other teams have an extreme drop-off in talent.

Other teams progress slowly, or have high 70s-low 80s freshman at best, while Bama has high-ranked players at Freshman, so they progress a lot better than other teams.
NHL - Predators
Old 07-24-2010, 03:48 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRunningMan
So I'm in my 4th year of offline dynasty, and Alabama hasn't lost a single game. They have been stuck @ #1 during my entire dynasty. They have also won every single championship game. Has this happened to anybody else or is it just me?

Same for me. The nice thing? They are easy to beat - if you can stop the run. I was amazed when I played them in the NC game. All they did for 3 quarters was try to run, which if they'd have mixed it up, would've been harder to stop.

There seems to be a crop of teams that are built like Alabama in the game, run first and pass second, highly rated D's, etc. To me, those are easier teams to beat then the ones that throw it out of multiple formations and use the run to keep you honest. OU comes to mind . . . they've given me hell.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:58 PM   #31
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

I edited them to where McElroy is about an 88 and most of the defense is now 85-90 just based on feel. I hear about them all the time, living in Birmingham, so I have an idea about them. I do still have Barron and Dareus over 90 as well and the MLB who was hurt last year.

My biggest objection is they had them rated up there with the 2001 Canes, and I'm sorry they aren't as good as that team. That's an all time team, just like the 95 or 96 Huskers and some of those Oklahoma teams when Switzer was there, just a few from the short time I've been following college football.

I will say last years team is the best Bama team since the last NC team and talent wise as good as the 2004 Auburn Tigers and 1996 Gators.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 04:33 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0

Why dont you just schedule them and beat em?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »