Home

I've been holding off getting this game until the 2nd patch, when is it?

This is a discussion on I've been holding off getting this game until the 2nd patch, when is it? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2010, 09:55 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: I've been holding off getting this game until the 2nd patch, when is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Dynasty mode has about 10 major issues which render the mode unplayable for any extended period. Some actually prevent a user from continuing in a saved dynasty.

There are also a few major gameplay bugs such as the playaction bug.

I'd say those issues fall into the NEED category.
wtf are you talking about? aside from your OPINION that players progress too slow, and that CPU doesn't recruit to need *which makes no difference since you can fix the playbook anyways* what deal breakers are there? jesus.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:00 PM   #10
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out
wtf are you talking about? aside from your OPINION that players progress too slow, and that CPU doesn't recruit to need *which makes no difference since you can fix the playbook anyways* what deal breakers are there? jesus.
I wasn't even referring to that issue, but thanks for ASSuming. Here are a few of the major deal breakers for dynasty.

1. Dynasties locking up when recruiting. People can't even continue their dynasties.

2. Online Dynasties have a similar, but apparently different issue.

3. Teams holding 10+ players at the same position (i.e. QB) later in the dynasty. We only have 70 roster spots so this is a huge issue for CPU controlled teams.

4. Not a bug, but the 20 minute wait time for online dynasties. Good luck keeping hardcore OD players around when their offseason becomes a painful process to coordinate.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:01 PM   #11
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out
Here's another:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-recruits.html

The ratings on the recruits are very bad. there might be one QB in the whole country with THP over 90. ONE HB with speed over 90, NO WR's with ELU, SPIN, JUKE over 70.

And then of course...they won't progress much...so the guy has some points.

Of course, you could always just run the triple option since WR's will be useless by year 4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 10:05 PM   #12
Im Only Kidding..

King10Sooted's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
I wasn't even referring to that issue, but thanks for ASSuming. Here are a few of the major deal breakers for dynasty.

1. Dynasties locking up when recruiting. People can't even continue their dynasties.

2. Online Dynasties have a similar, but apparently different issue.

3. Teams holding 10+ players at the same position (i.e. QB) later in the dynasty. We only have 70 roster spots so this is a huge issue for CPU controlled teams.

4. Not a bug, but the 20 minute wait time for online dynasties. Good luck keeping hardcore OD players around when their offseason becomes a painful process to coordinate.
1. Never seen it happen.

2. Never seen it happen.

3. Sure this can be fixed, and I havent seen it to be so bad that it really makes a huge impact on anything.

4. They have already said they are going to reduce the wait time. And I know any dynasty with 12 people that would be advancing quicker than 20 mins anyway, so I dont see how it impacts the hardcore dynasty players.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:06 PM   #13
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:

that has already been changed, the 20 minute wait during the off-season was removed yesterday I think.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-23-2010, 10:07 PM   #14
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
that has already been changed, the 20 minute wait during the off-season was removed yesterday I think.
Great news! One obstacle removed from me starting up a real OD.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:07 PM   #15
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by King10Sooted
1. Never seen it happen.

2. Never seen it happen.

3. Sure this can be fixed, and I havent seen it to be so bad that it really makes a huge impact on anything.

4. They have already said they are going to reduce the wait time. And I know any dynasty with 12 people that would be advancing quicker than 20 mins anyway, so I dont see how it impacts the hardcore dynasty players.
I've never seen a double rainbow but I know other people have and they've made videos about it. Same for the problems above.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 10:20 PM   #16
Rookie

Primuscane217's Arena

OVR: 1

In all seriousness, HTF can EA not catch this b4 release. All it woulda taken is for anyone at EA to sim a dynasty for 5 seasons. Every year I hurry and get the game early and am always disappointed at constant screwups. Last year EVERY other team was A A A after a few seasons, now they all gonna be D teams after 5 seasons, Really? As an offline dynasty player, 6 games into this first dynasty was having a BLAST. Now with what I been reading here don't even wanna continue dynasty ;(. As an EA follower since bill walsh football, comeon, just disappointed in EA, hope they can patch this and revive the fun I was having b4 coming on the boards and reading about the dynasty problems imma have if I continue my dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »