Home

Anybody know how to see outside receivers?

This is a discussion on Anybody know how to see outside receivers? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2010, 04:00 PM   #9
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Anybody know how to see outside receivers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshill
Even though I have a 4:3 TV, whenever I play NCAA I have it broadcast in widescreen. It causes a bit of image distortion, but I can at least see the outside receivers.
How do you manage that? If i have to sacrifice a little image quality so be it, i hate not being able to even throw to my #1 receiver because i can't even see him.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-23-2010, 04:02 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Whoever said you can't see the outside WRs on a widescreen must have your setup wrong. I don't even have to hold the trigger and I can just about see sideline to sideline.

― Plato
Old 07-23-2010, 04:08 PM   #11
Rookie

dshill's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
How do you manage that? If i have to sacrifice a little image quality so be it, i hate not being able to even throw to my #1 receiver because i can't even see him.
On PS3, before you start up the game, go settings -> display settings -> video output settings. Set it up manually, there should be an option to select the tv type between 16:9 and 4:3. I think it's much easier to see the outside WR in 16:9, but it can make text a bit hard to read. Tell me if that helps.

Build me up, buttercup, don't break my heart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 04:13 PM   #12
MVP

dan_457's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshill
On PS3, before you start up the game, go settings -> display settings -> video output settings. Set it up manually, there should be an option to select the tv type between 16:9 and 4:3. I think it's much easier to see the outside WR in 16:9, but it can make text a bit hard to read. Tell me if that helps.
Crap! I have a 360 lol. Thanks for the advice anyway, I'll look around the 360 menu's and see if i can change the aspect ratio to 16:9.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-23-2010, 04:32 PM   #13
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Crap! I have a 360 lol. Thanks for the advice anyway, I'll look around the 360 menu's and see if i can change the aspect ratio to 16:9.
Go under sytem setting from the dashboard and change the display mode from normal to widescreen. It will look a lil funny at first and take some getting used to but you will be able to see the whole field.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:35 PM   #14
MVP

dan_457's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
Go under sytem setting from the dashboard and change the display mode from normal to widescreen. It will look a lil funny at first and take some getting used to but you will be able to see the whole field.
Yeah i just finished doing that, it stretches the screen wider, but doesn't compensate by shrinking the height, so the aspect ratio is thrown off. I had to change it back, it was hurting my eyes lol.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-23-2010, 04:52 PM   #15
Rookie

coachchris's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Yeah i just finished doing that, it stretches the screen wider, but doesn't compensate by shrinking the height, so the aspect ratio is thrown off. I had to change it back, it was hurting my eyes lol.
Oh man I just changed it and its like I have been playing this game blind for years. I can actually see what is happening in the flats pre and POST snap. It will take a bit to get comfortable with the players size but small price to pay to open up the flats. I am so illiterate when it comes to this stuff, thanks for making my day DSHILL .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 04:56 PM   #16
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

The Icons for the receivers are obscured a bit, but other than that, it's fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »