Home

Possible Horrible Flaw In WR Recruits

This is a discussion on Possible Horrible Flaw In WR Recruits within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2010, 11:05 PM   #49
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Possible Horrible Flaw In WR Recruits

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Let's just end the personal banter, it's not going to go anywhere. You're digging way too hard into my words for some extra meaning that doesn't exist.

There is an issue at hand that needs to be addressed. Can we get back on topic?

Has anyone played a dynasty where their WR recruits are still coming in with elevated skill ratings?
You kicked it off the with the tired and overplayed "sheeple" comment and condescending attitude that always seems to go along with it.

If you can kill the attitude and the lame insults, I am sure this can stay on topic.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:23 PM   #50
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Here's what romeclone found when he simmed to the 2019 season to check progression for dynasty recruits:

From the "Is Dynasty ruined..." thread
"The highest in my 2019 sim is 76 for SPN

There are 68 players at 70 or above for SPN ratings

ELU High is 76 as well with about the same amount at 70 or above

Juke is about the same as well with 78 as the high."

So the "Jeremy Maclin" and "Percy Harvin" of the NCAA in 2019 will have 78 juke and 76 elusiveness. That will be fun to play with (sarcasm of course).

I sure hope this can be fixed...soon or this game might be going back.

I'd rather play NCAA 10 again, at least recruits ratings and progression was solid. Dynasty mode is unplayable otherwise.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:52 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
Here's what romeclone found when he simmed to the 2019 season to check progression for dynasty recruits:

From the "Is Dynasty ruined..." thread
"The highest in my 2019 sim is 76 for SPN

There are 68 players at 70 or above for SPN ratings

ELU High is 76 as well with about the same amount at 70 or above

Juke is about the same as well with 78 as the high."

So the "Jeremy Maclin" and "Percy Harvin" of the NCAA in 2019 will have 78 juke and 76 elusiveness. That will be fun to play with (sarcasm of course).

I sure hope this can be fixed...soon or this game might be going back.

I'd rather play NCAA 10 again, at least recruits ratings and progression was solid. Dynasty mode is unplayable otherwise.

No recruit ratings was only good if you like a team full of 90 rated players. Nobody stood out...at least this year you can tell the difference from a rare great player to an average or even good one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 12:23 AM   #52
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

I know the ratings are very low but if you play the game you can still get the occasional spin or juke to work with a receiver in the open. But still the intial roster should reflect what happens years down the road in dynasty.

But i guess this is what you get when everyone complains about 99 players. They dwarf overalls by dwarfing key attributes.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:52 AM   #53
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
But i guess this is what you get when everyone complains about 99 players. They dwarf overalls by dwarfing key attributes.
Actually the attributes people are complaining about in here do not effect a players OVR rating. They are just used in game to determine possible success rates of the moves and speed to the moves during actual gameplay.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:03 AM   #54
Banned

JJ_Bills9's Arena

OVR: 5

No, the spread ratings make it so spin moves and juking do actually effect players overall's this year. Not a whole lot, but they do.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:11 AM   #55
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
Actually the attributes people are complaining about in here do not effect a players OVR rating. They are just used in game to determine possible success rates of the moves and speed to the moves during actual gameplay.
Hmm well i guess EA thought that in the future, college football would have no versatile athletic receivers. But ratings dont really affect simulated stats which is the reason i think they didnt worry too much about the affects of lowering ratings in played games. Ive seen 67 rated qbs winning the heisman because they throw 4000 yards with 78 throw power and accuracy. Recievers having 1700 yards recieveing with 82 speed and 68 catch. But when you actually play with these guys it leaves you scratching you head.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 02:13 AM   #56
MVP

OVR: 15

I think that if you guys played some other sports games besides EA football games, you'd realize that a player doesn't have to be rated in the 90s to be a great player.

Try playing EA's Fifa soccer and look at the ratings of those players.

Or almost any game by 2k sports.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »