Home

Do More ppl prefer run or pass heavy offense?

This is a discussion on Do More ppl prefer run or pass heavy offense? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Run or Pass heavy?
Run 28 44.44%
Pass 11 17.46%
Balanced 24 38.10%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2010, 07:15 PM   #9
Rookie

CrossTown's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Do More ppl prefer run or pass heavy offense?

I generally recruit the best players I can get at positions of need and then adjust my offense accordingly. I try to be balanced but if I have players that involve one aspect of the game and not the other, I'll stick with that one aspect. So stud running back, mediocre QB sees a heavy run offense. Stud QB, decent receivers, mediocre back sees a pass oriented offense. If I've got stud players everywhere - pro style offense, steady mix of run and pass.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:23 PM   #10
Rookie

Walkup's Arena

OVR: 0

I originally went with pass-heavy offenses, but I've shifted more towards a balanced or run-heavy scheme after a while with the game.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:32 PM   #11
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

I prefer to pound it out on the ground, smashmouth football. However, the buck doesn't stop at RB. I've got to have somebody to throw to, someone to keep the defense on their heels.

Controlling the clock is a big part of my gameplan. Having long, drawn out drives and wearing the defense down. I've always been more about that style of play than any other way.
Probably going back to the days when Nebraska ran the option and that's how I started playing that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 10:05 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

I really like both the Smashmouth style and the Air Raid style, but I usually run a balanced Spread team. I like to start using short to medium passes and runs, then I try to sneak in a long pass to catch the defense off guard. I'd say I pass a little more than I run, maybe 55/45. A lot of those passes are short passes to the HB though, so I recruit HBs a little bit more heavily than WRs.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:19 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 15

I'm generally very run heavy. In fact, I'm not looking at my online dynasty stats, but playing as Syracuse, I think my second running back has more carries than my quarterback has passing attempts.

When I do pass, it's short, high percentage pass, mostly slants routes, but occasionally I try stretching the defense with a play-action.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:44 AM   #14
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3

Definitely balanced. If you are playing a team that is very good at taking away one part of the game you have the other to fall back on (If your school can do both). That's why I love pro offenses and playbooks because generally they have a very good set of both passing and running plays as well as shotgun and play action to mix things up.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:35 PM   #15
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90

Controlling the clock is a big part of my gameplan. Having long, drawn out drives and wearing the defense down. I've always been more about that style of play than any other way.
Then you'll love this... using the Oklahoma State offense {Air Raid} I had a drive that went 98 yards in 17 plays and took 7:44 off the clock. All passes. Had to convert one 4th down. The Air Raid in this game is so much fun.

I have noticed too that Houston's and Ok. State's playbooks appear to be identical. Put me down for Pass Heavy!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #16
Rookie

kiz5's Arena

OVR: 3

Pass heavy both online, and vs cpu. About 50/50 vs friends.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »