Home

1* Prestige recruiting tips?

This is a discussion on 1* Prestige recruiting tips? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2010, 12:10 AM   #9
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: 1* Prestige recruiting tips?

first thing i did was search for any prospect that had me as their top school. I was able to get 3 instant commits from 2* guys in week 1. I selected who i wanted from the 2* and then expanded the search to top 3..then 5 and thats how i made my board. You can get lucky and get a 3* in there somewhere, everyone on your board has you very high so you should land some semi decent people.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:34 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9

I've had success in Louisiana with Tulane. They are awful (and my team is still pretty bad), but I just go after 15-20 guys to start the season. I never look at 1*'s since I'm happy with my pipeline states and they don't stand a chance to make the roster anyway.

I've found that sorting 3* guys from the pipeline states and sorting them by interest can give you a great idea of the non-interested people you can get. Usually within the first week or 2 of 60 minute they will put you in their top 10, and with continual 40-60 minute calls and a good visit, they'll sign. One thing I like to do early is find any 2* that have me as #1, and they usually sign instantly, so it can free up minutes for the 3*s.

I was extremely happy this past season when I got my first 4* (I'm in year 4). He was Juco Jr, which I usually don't like, but a 77 overall and immediately I think he is the highest rated non-punter on the team. I had 1 4*, 8 3*, 10 2*. By far my best recruiting class, but still ranked just 90th.

You can wind up getting decent recruits after a few years, but even with 3* recruits you usually have to wait until they are juniors before they are much good.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:01 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 22

I was able to score a 5* and two 4* recruits with Syracuse, with everything on All American. Just have to prioritize your minutes wisely, decide if you want to go for quantity or quality, I always go for the latter. But first try and lock up some sure bets, such as all the recruits that are interested, and hold off on offering a scholarship until you are in his top 3. It may be harder with a school like ULL, but I would imagen the pay off would be well worth it, if you were to turn them into another Boise State school. And another thing, if you get offered a chance to join another more prestigeous conference, take it and run with it. Try and get in to a BCS conference if at all possible, or at least one of the bigger non BCS conferences. such as the MWC, or WAC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 04:04 AM   #12
Rookie

A couple of things work for me:

1. Make sure u red shirt any player you won't be using that year

You'll always have extra ammo coming in the following year to at least give you a fighting chance

2. Make your schedule easy as possible

Having winning seasons is the only way to move up in prestige. 1* prestige gets you 1 & 2* recruits, while 3* prestige gets you 3* recruits and a shot at a couple of 4*. 5* prestige opens the board to some 5* and almost all 4* recruits.

3. Promise everything you can promise to the people you know are going to commit

If you see you have players "soft" to you, then promise him something like "winning record against our rivals." This is the easiest way to open up more promises to get the top recruits.

4. Accept your extensions (You start a dynasty with a school to stay with them anyway)

This will quickly increase your program stability and give you another pitch to use for recruiting. **In year 2 of my 3 year contract, I accepted a 6 year extension and my program stability went to an "A"**

If you do all of these things, along with winning the conference, by year 3 you should get asked to join another conference. Playing in bowl games will up your coach experience, and sending players to the pros / having top prestige will up your athletic facilities. With better facilities your players will get more from training.

5. Make sure you get 15-25 commits every year *Most Important*

Getting 12 3*s a year will always give you depth. If you red shirt most of them as freshman, you know that you will have a nice Jr/Sr squad. They'll progress faster with the facilities and your team as a whole will become better.

From personal experience, stay away from receivers with D- catching. All the drops will frustrate you. Try to get 2 speed receivers (94+ speed) and see if u can hit them deep on a streak or use them on kick/punt returns

$0.02
Old 07-24-2010, 04:06 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

With all the people companing about low recruit ratings, what was the rating of the 1*, 2* and 3* recruits on average?
Old 07-24-2010, 04:11 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aTTckr
With all the people companing about low recruit ratings, what was the rating of the 1*, 2* and 3* recruits on average?
On average

1* were in the 40s

2* were upper 40s / lower 50s

3* were lower 50s / to lower 60s

Thats how it was for me anyway, it depended on their individual skill set. So I would have a 1* TE that was in the lower 50s because he had great hands. But I could also get a 3* WR in the upper 40s because he had terrible hands, average speed, and of course all recruits have terrible awareness
Old 07-24-2010, 06:26 AM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOREST007
On average

1* were in the 40s

2* were upper 40s / lower 50s

3* were lower 50s / to lower 60s

Thats how it was for me anyway, it depended on their individual skill set. So I would have a 1* TE that was in the lower 50s because he had great hands. But I could also get a 3* WR in the upper 40s because he had terrible hands, average speed, and of course all recruits have terrible awareness
That's how it is for me too. I feel lucky to get a 3* in the 60s, and I'm lucky to get a 2* higher than 55. 1* recruits are always terrible. That being said, some players with low ratings (FBs, TEs, LBs) have been pretty useful for reasons much like what you said. I've also had some luck turning WRs into HBs. A lot of the bad-hands WRs I would get would have good carrying and even ball carrier vision, and might only be a 52-55 WR, but would be a 60 HB.

There are also jewels that come along at times. I recruited a 3* safety today who came in at a 72, which is about 10 points higher than any 3* I had ever had before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 06:40 AM   #16
Rookie

bhs_tigers_00's Arena

OVR: 2

Thanks guys. One more quick ? before my online dynasty advances today, and I think steelers hit on it briefly, but can I go for people not listing me in their top 10 in my home state/pipeline states? What are the chances of getting some non interested 2*'s and maybe a 3* like this? What are the chances I can bump in and get on these guys lists and possibly sign a few in theory. We have a scholly limit in our dynasty too so its not like I can throw a scholarship at everyone.

Many thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »