Home

A couple questions.

This is a discussion on A couple questions. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2010, 03:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
A couple questions.

Hey guys, long time follower, don't post much.

I have a few questions. If I buy this game I will be solely interested in offline dynasty. I have read about the problems with PA plays where the QB doesn't hand off resulting in a big loss, is this on every PA play? is it going to be fixed? does it happen to the CPU?

The other question is about the missed FG/retaining poss. problem. Is this going to be fixed/is it even a problem in dynasty games? ( I think most reports of this in the glitches thread are during play now games.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 04:14 AM   #2
Rookie

kingoftroy59's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: A couple questions.

1. It's only happened to me once, and I was able to get a pass off as I regained control of the QB just before getting sacked. Ive seen it happen to the CPU QB a few times, but it's very infrequent.

2. Only seen it happen once, so not really something to stress over.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:26 AM   #3
Rookie

TheRunningMan's Arena

OVR: 0

One season it happened to me three games in a row, one time each game. It's only happened to the CPU once. I usually avoid PA passes because you have about 1 second to throw or you are sacked unless you have a good O-line.

I have never had the FG problem in all my 4 seasons of offline dynasty.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:31 AM   #4
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

My suggestion to avoiding the FG glitch is never pick block return. Seems like the people posting about it was because their guy caught it off the upright. I have had it hit the upright many times and fall harmlessly to the ground with no glitches or any problems.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 07-24-2010, 04:14 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

ty. <---apparently this is too short of a post. LOL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 04:34 PM   #6
Im Only Kidding..

King10Sooted's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
My suggestion to avoiding the FG glitch is never pick block return. Seems like the people posting about it was because their guy caught it off the upright. I have had it hit the upright many times and fall harmlessly to the ground with no glitches or any problems.
Yea, it seems you only have that problem when you pick return. I have never seen it happen and I have never picked block return.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:28 PM   #7
Rookie

kmaxhokie's Arena

OVR: 5

I may be wrong but I believe that the PA glitch only happens on the PA boot screen in all of the formation. I did that play once and it happened to me but no other play action seems to do it IMO. So if you stay away from that play everything should be fine on your end. Can't really make the computer not pick that play.

I don't know why anyone would want to choose that play anyway because it is a play action to your running back who then goes out for a screen. Since a play action should cause the defense to commit to the running back throwing a screen to him seems counterproductive.

BOATSNHOOOOOES
#14 Virginia Tech (10-3)
Year 1 - Champs Sports Bowl Champs
#10 Virginia Tech (11-2) Year 2 - Chick-fil-A Bowl Champs
Old 07-24-2010, 05:46 PM   #8
Rookie

kingoftroy59's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaxhokie
I may be wrong but I believe that the PA glitch only happens on the PA boot screen in all of the formation. I did that play once and it happened to me but no other play action seems to do it IMO. So if you stay away from that play everything should be fine on your end. Can't really make the computer not pick that play.

I don't know why anyone would want to choose that play anyway because it is a play action to your running back who then goes out for a screen. Since a play action should cause the defense to commit to the running back throwing a screen to him seems counterproductive.
I've ran the play two or three times online (when it's been "SETUP!"), and gotten a big play out of it once. Because the AI doesn't tackle the back as he goes through the hole this year for some reason, he is able to just sit there behind the line as the pursuit tails the booting QB. If you manage to get the pass off, big things should happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »