Home

Question about recruit interest level (what's your experience w/ this?)

This is a discussion on Question about recruit interest level (what's your experience w/ this?) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2010, 10:12 AM   #1
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Question about recruit interest level (what's your experience w/ this?)

Not sure how NCAA 11 works but if a guy is down to his top 3 schools and you are 4th, are you 100% out of luck?

He has a visit scheduled with me for later in the season but I'm just not sure if I should waste time talking to him (LITERALLY HAHA)!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Question about recruit interest level (what's your experience w/ this?)

I think that if you are close enough to break into his top 3, then you can still be in the hunt for him. If you're #4 and you're trailing #3 by 200-300 points, then you're probably SOL.

I've never had this happen because I usually only recruit players who already have me in their top 3, but I'm going after a 4* DT as 3* Rice when I was ranked #5 on his list (up to #2 after 3 weeks)
Old 07-24-2010, 10:46 AM   #3
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3

You can still get in the top 3 but it is difficult. More likely with lesser 2 and 3 star recruits though. I have done this with 2 different recruits through my first season on All American difficulty. They were people I added late in the season when I had given up on previous recruits. If you just happen to hit them with the exact things they have as top priorities on their list and other schools (in their top 3) are low on... bingo. Tough to do, but it is possible and requires, let's face it... a little lady luck.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:53 AM   #4
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Not really what you were looking for but had a guy who had soft to another school sign with me the next week. I was #2 and 80 points back. I spent the full 60 min max on him and he made his visit the same week and he signed with me. If a player would change like that I would think if you spend the max time you will move up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »