Home

How to shut down the HB Slip Screen?

This is a discussion on How to shut down the HB Slip Screen? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2010, 05:44 PM   #1
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37
How to shut down the HB Slip Screen?

Had a dude do this to me last night with Alabama. I knew exactly when it was coming but couldn't stop it. Everytime he needed a 1st down, he ran the Slip Screen and ended up beating me with it in overtime as well. Man, Press Man, Cover 2, Cover 3, Velcro 9, Flat Zones, Contains, couldn't stop it at all. Was a guaranteed 10+ yards for him. Really pissed me off to no end when he busted it out on 4th down in overtime to beat me with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 05:49 PM   #2
Rookie

CrossTown's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: How to shut down the HB Slip Screen?

It'd probably be best to manually cover it. If you spot it early enough you can run a guy over there before it sets up. If you can, you're in pretty good shape to get a sack. Your opponent won't want to risk throwing it when you're right there and his other receivers are too far downfield for him to set his feet, wind up, and throw before he gets hit.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:53 PM   #3
Rookie

dredogg90's Arena

OVR: 6

Blitzing usually works for me. It doesn't give the running back enough time to set up the route and the pressure on the QB will hopefully force a rushed pass where the QB isn't set, so the throw won't be as accurate. there is a great chance for an INT by a defensive lineman. The blitz on a slip screen is a risk-reward type of deal. But against a great offensive line like Alabama, you have to take a risk. Playing conservative against an all A+ team is in most cases, a guarenteed loss.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:58 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossTown
It'd probably be best to manually cover it. If you spot it early enough you can run a guy over there before it sets up. If you can, you're in pretty good shape to get a sack. Your opponent won't want to risk throwing it when you're right there and his other receivers are too far downfield for him to set his feet, wind up, and throw before he gets hit.
this. Every time I see the linemen pulling over, I try to get over there. Sometimes I can break up the play, sometimes I can't.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:14 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 10

try spotlighting the hb
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »