Home

Pre-Determined Blocking Assignments Remove Player Awareness

This is a discussion on Pre-Determined Blocking Assignments Remove Player Awareness within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2010, 12:32 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Pre-Determined Blocking Assignments Remove Player Awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
Have you test this theory?

I run the ball A LOT. I haven't run into the problem of blockers ignoring players.

The problem I have run into, on the difficulty I'm playing on, it seems like too often, the tackle will give up on his block the instant before I get to him, so I think I have daylight around the edge but then all of the sudden the end comes out and gets me--and it happens over and over and over. There are some games where I get hit in the backfield on basically every play.
I'll make a video to prove in a bit, I need to charge my camera.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:34 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman136
I'll make a video to prove in a bit, I need to charge my camera.
You need to use an I-Form and compare a FB with 0 awareness to a FB with 99 awareness.

If awareness is even a factor... it may be run block technique that determines this...or something else besides awareness.

Also, if you wait until the defense gets set, the offense does tend to find the right guy to block presnap.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:42 PM   #11
Pro

imdahman's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
You need to use an I-Form and compare a FB with 0 awareness to a FB with 99 awareness.

If awareness is even a factor... it may be run block technique that determines this...or something else besides awareness.

Also, if you wait until the defense gets set, the offense does tend to find the right guy to block presnap.
I'm not a football guru, but I did just want to contribute that the run game for me is going very well. I'm using Georgia Tech in an online Dynasty on my own (to get all the cool added features) and right now I'm 7-0 and have the top 10 rushing yards in the nation. I've had my full back break for 100 yard games, as well as my HB and one game I had my QB almost have 100 yards rushing AND passing.

The thing I learned is to really follow my blockers, read the D-Line on the snap when I'm running the triple option (to see if my FB can break the line). And then sometimes the defense reads me right and I get caught. It happens.

Just FYI, I"m also using Playmakers sliders to adjust the game, it's great.

"The two most important days in your
life are the day you are born and the day
you find out why.”

- Mark Twain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 12:58 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 15

Oh yeah... no, I'm definitely top 15 rushing yardage team in the nation. I'd probably be higher but I run pro-style I-form run heavy and my starting HB went down for 5 weeks. I'm not having trouble running the ball.

But I am interested in this thing this guy is talking about.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:02 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:

good ideas, ill make sure to do these.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:17 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdahman
I'm not a football guru, but I did just want to contribute that the run game for me is going very well. I'm using Georgia Tech in an online Dynasty on my own (to get all the cool added features) and right now I'm 7-0 and have the top 10 rushing yards in the nation. I've had my full back break for 100 yard games, as well as my HB and one game I had my QB almost have 100 yards rushing AND passing.

The thing I learned is to really follow my blockers, read the D-Line on the snap when I'm running the triple option (to see if my FB can break the line). And then sometimes the defense reads me right and I get caught. It happens.

Just FYI, I"m also using Playmakers sliders to adjust the game, it's great.
Guys, I'm not saying the running game is bad. As a matter of fact, in my OD with Illinois, my HB, Michael Leshoure, finished 8th in the country in rushing yards. The running game is overall very good. Its the lead blocking that is extremely flawed. The problems are very evident but they don't really make running difficult. I just finished my videos comparing the run blocking of 2 FBs with completely different ratings. Results were that both players blocked the exact same, showing that the pre-determined blocking assignments completely wipe out the awareness of the lead blockers. The video with both videos in them will be up shortly.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:20 PM   #15
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Another amatuer tester looking for some lame youtube fame.

troofchasahs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 01:57 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Another amatuer tester looking for some lame youtube fame.

troofchasahs.
I would disagree, I think he just makes the videos so it's easier for him to show us what he is talking about. He's no apex, haha.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »